Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Telus

Bold 9900 - black thin line on my LCD screen

Hi, for the last couple of days, I've been seeing a mysterious black thin line across my LCD screen.  Sometimes it apeears for longer than five minutes.  I have not dropped my phone and I have a screen protector over it.  Does anyone have a solution for this problem?

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Bold 9900 - black thin line on my LCD screen

What's is really disappointing is that even BlackBerry doesn't reply to your query for solutions! I mean - why have this forum at all if after three weeks of silence (obviously - since no layman out here can have a solution!), even BB has not responded to somebody's distress! Sad

Machax
New Contributor
My Carrier: Mobilicity

I had the same problem, but I have 2 lines instead.

And after few weeks they became constatnt and never go away.

I've tried restarts, battery pul, and OS upgrades / downgrades.

Very frustrating!

Daniel

Contributor

Hi dhalim

The day I the thin black line appeared on my phone screen (Bold 9780), I did two restarts with battery pull. When that did not solve the problem, I took my mobile to the BB service centre, after backing up all my data. Since my phone was under warranty, BB repaired/replaced the screen in about ten days time, free of cost.

Machax
My Carrier: STC

I have the same issue, but when i go service centre they said to me that i have to pay money for repairing.And my device is only 15 days old. I dont want to do now. They are saying that LCD issues are not covered in warrenty
Contributor

Dear Abumazin

Welcome to the dismal world of Blackberry. These guys have not got their act together as regards to after sales service.

I wish I could help you in giving you an email id or contact no. to talk to the hidden BB guys, but I won't be able to help you there. Their service system is completely opaque online.

No escalation matrix for complaints or any thing similar to a complaint redressal system.

Its amazing how they've survived so long!

All the best! 

Machax
My Device: 4500x
My Carrier: ak47

oh ,