Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Bold 9900 button fell out!

Got a new 9900 from rogers yesterday. Was great to use initially. Got into work today, pulled it out of the holster, and found a button missing! 

did a quick search online and the V button seems to be falling off quite a number of blackberry's. Called rogers and they said that its quite possible that I will have to bear the cost of repair??? 

Its 1 day old, and I have to pay for repairs already??? 

disappointed with the quality. Anyone else having this issue?

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry 9900 bold
My Carrier: tmobile

Re: Bold 9900 button fell out!

Yes,

Just got back from Tmobile- had my blackberry about three weeks. The shift key disappeared at some point today. Tmobile wants me to pay $150 bucks deductible to fix it! They won't do a  warranty exchange. What BS. Try using your phone without the shift key. Spent hundreds and this is junk. My old blackberry lasted 3 years with no problem.

New Contributor

any resolution to your phone?
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: UTS

i got the phojne for about 3 months and i had a majore crash within a week. I needed to install a complete new OS. I did this now already about 5-6 times! thats a lot of time putten into a phone to make it work again.

as off today it completely died! i have LOD (Led of Death) it flashes every 10sec trying to restart and nothing works and no one knows what the problem is!

If the phone works, it is a super phone! but i hate that it has so much hardware and software problems... my curve was so much better or stronger and dureable

New Contributor
My Device: BOLD 9900
My Carrier: O2

got mine in september and the software crashed and a button fell off blackberry are refusing to fix it!

New Contributor

Blackberry Customer Service contacted me and they fixed the button on my phone. RIM was very professional about it, paid for the shipping both ways, sent it back in about 8 days. TMobile did NOTHING-filing a BBB complaint about TMobile was fruitless. It was a defect, nothing to do with anything I did. Hats off to RIM for doing the right thing.

New Contributor

How did you manage to get in touch with Blackberry? I can't seem to get in touch with them (I am in the UK though bear in mind).

My step-daughter's Bold 9900 has the same problem, she took it from the holster about a month ago now and the shift button was missing.

I've contacted where I bought it from (mobiles.co.uk) who told me to take it to a Carphone Warehouse store and it'll be fixed under warranty. I took it in, they've had it for 3 weeks and then rang to say it'll cost £170 to repair it! I told them not to bother, I'm not paying another £170 on this phone - this is the brand new replacement we received in September 2011 after the first one (bought in the last week of August 2011) got stuck in a reboot loop and it got replaced.

Now we're stuck with a phone that's pretty useless as she's struggling to type anything with the shift key missing and now she tells me the enter key feels loose so she's now using a 4yr old Sony Ericsson as she's scared it'll break even more!

I'm stuck now with a phone that she won't use because she can't use it properly and it's only 6 months old!

New Contributor

They must have seen my post. They contacted me. Cheers from across the pond.

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: UTS

they must to do that with all bb holders! Now their letting their customers down. On my friends list a lot of the people already turned to android or iphone. they lost their confidence
New Contributor

Absolutely rombout. My step-daughter can't wait for her contract to end now so she can do the same and she's regretting ever choosing the blackberry now :-/