Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BOLD 9900
My Carrier: O2

Re: Bold 9900 button fell out!

i would love to know how to contact them, I'm missing a button phones 4 u refuse to repair it ibecause RIM dont cover keys in their warranty. i cant contact RIM anywhere. Im also in the uk..................BLACKBERRY are rubbish as soon as my contract is up I'm going back to my trusty i-phone and I urge all my friends + anyone who asks to steer clear of BLACKBERRY as they make low quality products that they refuse to take responsibility for and repair

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900

I managed to get hold of them using 0808 100 7466 (can't remember the option I selected) and I spoke to a lady with an american accent (with a slight asian twang - so I'm guessing it redirected me to America) over a very poor line. But, the result of it was that she said I should take the phone back to the retailer and it should be fixed for free under the warranty because it was only 6 months old.

I took it back to CPW the following day, explained the situation to them and they've sent it back to the repair centre again to get fixed - this time for free.

Fingers crossed this time... I'll keep you updated.

Super Contributor
My Carrier: N NetCom

Try Twitter guys! @BlackBerryHelp might be the most appropriate but @BlackBerry might also work. They also got a lot of different local Twitter accounts (@UK_BlackBerry is just one of them).
New Contributor

First of all, apologies for the late update.

I picked up my step-daughter's Bold 9900 from CPW last Saturday morning. The engineers had said that they did not repair it but instead replaced the handset. The replacement looks in great condition so it's either an excellent reconditioned model (most likely) or a brand new one (unlikely, but it sure looks in mint condition!) It came with the sticker that goes on the side of the box as well, which confused me even more as to it's "new-ness".

In any case, she now has a Bold 9900 that she can use again, so she's happy (which makes me happy too as she's not chewing my ear off complaining it's broken!)

To anyone in a similar situation, I'd get onto the retailer and Blackberry if needed - as soon as BB confirm they'll fix it for free, tell the retailer that and insist they send it for repair for free.

Thanks to anyone at Blackberry who got involved :-)

New Contributor

well I'm still waiting for BB to get back to me, they actually phoned phones 4 u while i was on the phone and told them to repair it...........they still refused so i am now waiting for BB to come back to me..........they said they would by monday friday now so i guess it aint gonna happen!.......... think i might just have to do what trading standards advised and take them to court, I am so gutted that i got rid of my i-phone for this piece of **bleep**, so much hassel  just what i dont want or need but im sick of having the micky taken out of me

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I was out at dinner Saturday night and when I pulled my 9900 out of my pocket, I saw that the letter P had fallen off of my keyboard and into my pocket. No idea how that happened, especially since my phone is in top shape. I called T-Mobile to see if my phone was under warranty (I bought it the first day it was available in California, which was on August 31st, 2011) and if there was anything that could be done. They directed me to call RIM about the issue. I called RIM this morning and was told by the representative that the warranty is at T-Mobile's discretion and that I'd basically have to hash this issue out with them. So I just got off of the phone with T-Mobile, again, and was told that the button falling off wasn't a "known issue with this device," therefore the warranty was void and my only option was to buy a new phone. This is terrible, a $600 phone and within less than a year my button falls off. The sad thing about it is, I also own the 9700 Curve and I had this same issue happen, except it took more than a year before the letter P fell off of that one.

I've been a devoted BlackBerry user since 2008 and I always boast to my iPhone friends about how this phone is way better than the iPhone, as well as promoting Blackberry to my thousands of Twitter followers:

https://twitter.com/#!/DavidSides/statuses/24699644650

but having dealt with this button issue, twice now, and being faced with having to buy a new phone because the button falling off isn't a "known issue with the device" (maybe T-Mobile should take a look at these forums), I can't help but start to consider moving away from BlackBerry phones and getting something where buttons falling off isn't an issue. Does anyone know a contact email for anyone at RIM that I can maybe get a hold of and see if there's a better way to remedy this issue? I'm not going to buy another $600 phone just because one button fell off. If that's the case, I might as well spend $500 and switch over to the dark side by getting an iPhone.

New Contributor

Good Luck with contacting RIM had this issue since december and still have missing key .......... everyone still says it is not a known issue with the phone and I am sick to death of a company like RIM getting away with selling sub standard handsets for stupid amounts of money and refusing to correct their obvious manufacturing and design faults...............they are nothing but criminals who should be stopped ripping people off

Super Contributor
My Carrier: N NetCom

Maybe T-Mobile is the ones you should move away from and not RIM...
New Contributor

No it is definately RIM I'm with Phones 4 U and they spout the same **bleep** as T mobile.............keys are not covered by warrenty, keys falling out are not a known issue with this model blah de blah. my phone was 8 weeks old when the button fell off, that was in December. Not only that but it had software issues and I couldn't use the phone but because of the missing key they said the warrenty was invalid and they refuse to fix the software issues. My contract is for 2 years...........thats 22 months I have to pay for a phone that does not work. If this is not ilegal I don't know what is. without doubt it is RIM that EVERYONE needs to stay clear of.

New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Bell

I posted this in another topic,but found that this one is more appropriate place.

I have pretty much same issue.

Week ago left shift fell off. Not even sure at which moment it happened. Phone did not fell and does not have any single sign of physical damage or even scratches.

Searching Internet I can see that it's known issue. In some cases seams it fixed under the warranty and in some expensive repair service where offered.

I already twice called Bell reps suggested me to try to fix it by myself as key is "physical" part and most likely will not be covered. I have extended 3-years warranty and surprised hear this from Bell. I spent  2 hours fighting in Bell assistance centre and understood that most likely they will not cover it but I will be charged $35 for examination.

Finally I've got RIM representative on the line.  After getting supervisor on the line ,he told me that understand that it's not my fault that key fell of but warranty cover soft issues (Software related) and not covering hardware parts (??? what kind of warranty is it?) but he understand... and will get Bell representative to offer me solution of my problem.

After that I was transferred to bell representative.

Form Bell I found that RIM rep told them that I have issue with device that Blackberry warranty not cover and asked them to help me with repair.  And all started over...

Peter, Supervisor from Blackberry, I will call you back and to clarify this.

In this situation I'm frustrated in blackberry reaction. And will definitely call them back. Device looks like brand new and keys falling down. Isn't it case for recall??? or at least for fixing effected devices under the warranty???

I'm going to fight for this. 

P.S. Interesting fact. When I was in Bell product assistance centre there is a display with BB 9900. And guess what? YES ! One shift key is missing !!!