Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone Australia

Bold 9900 dead motherboard

BB9900 bought from Handtec.co.uk in September 2013

Current carrier: Vodafone Australia

Problem:  device dead, no lights at all.  Sent to Handtec under warranty a few weeks ago.  They have advised that the motherboard is dead.  However, they cannot provide me with a replacement handset as they do not stock this handset anymore.  Instead they are offering a refund which is less than the purchase price paid.  Does anyone have any ideas on how to proceed?

Super Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520, Curve 9300, Bold 9650, Bold 9900, Torch 9800, Torch 9810, Bold 9930, Z10, Q10, Z30, Classic, Passport, Priv
My Carrier: Globacom

Re: Bold 9900 dead motherboard

You could try a repair shop

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone Australia

The phone has been sent to a Blackberry authorised repair service in the UK by Handtec (the point of sale). As the phone is under warranty it cannot go to any repair shop. Handtec are now offering a refund.

It is too bad that BB do not offer direct support. The time has come to drop them. Have been loyal to them for a long time but as I use the phone for work and have been without it for more than a month ...it is over for BB.
Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520, Curve 9300, Bold 9650, Bold 9900, Torch 9800, Torch 9810, Bold 9930, Z10, Q10, Z30, Classic, Passport, Priv
My Carrier: Globacom

I feel you and its so sad...