Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Orange

Bold 9900 disgraceful

I was the first in our company to upgrade from our old bold 9700 and I cannot believe that everyone just accepts how bad the battery life is. The phone specs on the website clearly state that the battery should have 6.3 hours of talk time. I am on my third replacement battery and I get no more than 3 hours of total battery life with moderate useage.

I have read uther posts and it appears that everyone just accepts that the battery is bad and are suggesting work-arounds. It is ridiculous. You buy a phone, maintain it's pre-programmed settings and you should simply expect it to run as stated in the sales specifications.

If my provider cannot provide me with a state of the art blackberry (which features wise, the 9900 is) that can actually be used as a reliable business phone, we will have to shift the 30+ blackberry users that are due an upgrade at end of Q2 to a different phone altogether.

Blackberry has served us well for three years and we do not want to change as I feel that iPhone is an inferior business phone. However, it simply needs to last at least 1.5 days in order to feel that you can rely on it to do business. Therefore, it looks like Apple will be getting our custom unless there is a quick fix.

I can't tell you just how frustrated I am that I cannot feel that I can leave the office for more than two hours and know that I will be in the loop.

Disgraceful

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Bold 9900 disgraceful

Keep in mind that those specs are under ideal conditions.  RIM has taken the phone out to an area where there is no interference and full signal strength.  They probably tested the phone standing right under a cell tower (I'm not kidding about that, either).  As with car manufacturers that specify a top speed for a certain model, you can bet that they're testing the car when the air is thinnest and there's a strong tail wind behind them.

Don't expect to EVER come close to the specs offered by any phone manufacturer, just use them for comparison purposes.

I hope that helps you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Bold 9900 disgraceful

Yan,  I wouldn't be too sure on the iphone side of things.....we switched our entire UK sales team (75 people!) over to iphones last year and the battery life on these only last about a day with moderate use...ok you could argue that's slightly better than the 3 hours you've got!!!

I just took the 9900 as a personal phone and use it in similar fashion to the work phone and the battery life is pretty similar, i've just come to accept over the past couple of years that ALL smart phones need charging on a daily basis, car manufacturers evern know this now as they all seem to be putting in USB ports in them!!