Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Bold 9900 does not reconcile when I open an outlook email

I recently got a Bold 9900 and when I receive an email and open it on outlook, it does not sync with my BB. I have to reopen every email again on my phone. I went to email preferences and turned on reconciliation but it still does not update.

Any advice?

Thx

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Bold 9900 does not reconcile when I open an outlook email

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Refer:

• KB05133 Email reconciliation features for the BlackBerry Internet Service

Note carefully please that all reconciliation is between your BB and your email server, and is governed by the capabilities in that KB. Further, reconciliation also might happen between your Outlook and your server, but that is governed by whatever they can do (often very limited). There is no direct reconciliation between your BB and your Outlook, hence the individual capabilities of each will determine what can happen.

For example, if your Outlook and your email server are unable to reconcile read/unread status changes from your Outlook up to the server, then your BB will not reflect that read status change, even if (per the above KB) it is capable of doing so with your server -- if your Outlook doesn't reconcile the read status change to the server, then there's no way for the BB to receive the status change.

Likewise, if your server and your BB, as per that KB, are unable to reconcile read/unread, then no matter what your Outlook/Server connection is capable of, such will not be able to reconcile to your BB.

It all depends on the capabilities between your BB and your email server (as governed by that KB) coupled with the capabilities between your server and your Outlook (governed by whatever they can do). If, per that KB, your BB and your server are capable of reconciling this, then the best way to test is to read something on your Outlook, then wait long enough for it to reconcile to the server (I can't tell you how long is long enough...there are too many variables in play) and then, via some other interface (e.g., webmail), look at your actual server-based mailbox and see if that read/unread status change is reflected there. If not, then you know that your Outlook and your server are incapable of reconciling this information.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................