Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Orange

Bold 9900 email set up promblem

hi have a bold 9900,

when i try to set up my email account i:

-click on the set icon on my homescreen

-then click on "email accounts"

then it asks me for my enterprise actiation data and i've never tried to set up an enterprise thing and this screen is completely different to any tutorials to set up email and tutorials to delete the activation thing say you have to sign it to delete it but i dont have a account so i cant delete it.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Bold 9900 email set up promblem

The first question to ask is: Do you have BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service) with Orange?  If so, it's not set up properly and you'd have to call them to solve this issue.  If you do have BIS, did you purchase your phone second-hand?  If so, perhaps the previous owner had it on BES.  If not, I'm not sure why that would show but I know that you'll have to do a security wipe to get rid of that.

NOTE: Before doing a security wipe, perform a data backup with BlackBerry Desktop Software.  To do the wipe, on your  homescreen follow Options>Security>Security Wipe and follow the instructions.  Once you've done that, the IT policy should be gone.

Another point to keep in mind.  If you're ever having trouble setting up an email account using the Setup icon, try typing www.blackberry.com/integrate in your phone's browser.

I hope that helps you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Bold 9900 email set up promblem

i do have bis, the blackberry intergrate site comes with unknown error, wiped it then restored it and im still being asked for an activation password, thanks for that suggestion but that hasnt worked