Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Bold 9900 - email setup application unavailable

Unless the process has changed, RIM packages the OS based on carrier specifications and the onus of due diligence is on the carrier.

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900

UPDATE: I was able to FINALLY get that OS installed (the one from the link that was posted on this thread) and all of the email update issues AND App World issues have been fixed.

I had to delete Desktop Manager and the OS and then re-install both and then when I opened DM, I was prompted to update my device. And after the update, everything was working the way I had expected and I can now resume my love this device.

Hope this helps! Thanks for all your help.

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry bold 9900
My Carrier: 02

I have the same problem cant send emails on my 9900 had it a week now but emails wont activate never had trouble with my last bold

captain_serious wrote:

I had received that message before, but I just re-did the steps you indicated and the application still doesn't work.

For a device that I've been waiting for so badly, I have had nothing but problems since the day I got it.

App World also isn't working for me -- but that's a whole other issue.

What is the latest OS that you're running? I'm on 7.0.0.261

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9700

[ Edited ]

Isn't a little redicilous that you have to FIX a BRAND NEW BlackBerry?! This is just crazy!! I had this phone for two hours and it was already useless to me. Sure, a few days later I see that I can fix this myself...by re-installing the complete OS? On a new phone? No way... There is no way that I'm messing with my OS and risk losing any guarantee on the device. My provider is sending me a new unit this week. I will NOT copy my 9700 settings again...

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Fido

Hello All,

I am having this same issue. I have tried all of the recommendations on here and still nothing. Not even RIM can figure this one out. Any help would be appreciated. BlackBerry without email is absolutely useless.

Contributor

I haven't personally used these steps to fix mine (I did an OS reload using a Vodafone DE OS which was new than the Rogers OS) but check out this link: http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB2...

In theory, this should fix the problem.

Good luck!
New Contributor
My Carrier: Fido

It worked, thanks a million!!

New Contributor
My Carrier: Sasktel

This link worked perfectly. I wish it told you the disclaimer at the top and not at the end of the solution. After I deleted BDM, I needed to download the OS 7 software from the link provided and re-install the apps. Worked first try took about 25 minutes with download, install and reboot.
My Carrier: Maxis

[ Edited ]

Hi All, I am facing the exactly similar problem with Bold 9900 -
Refer to message 26, I went to BDM and plug in my Bold 9900, click on the application, and i cannot see anything about " BlackBerry Identity" or "blackberry core application" - in my application, it is empty...Please help...!!! ( same as everyone, bought the bold 9900 since few days back until today still not able to use appworld and email) PLEASE HELP......

New Contributor
My Carrier: Sasktel

Sabulite,
Have you tried downloading your service providers blackberry package in conjuction with BDM? If so, it should show that you have an update for those core applications.