Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Maxis

Re: Bold 9900 - email setup application unavailable

Hi Catman,

thanks, downloaded the SP BB package and re-install, , appworld, email all work perfectly now... Smiley Happy Many thanks...

Also thanks to all users posted similar topics...learn a lot this time with this 9900....Smiley Happy

sab
New Contributor
My Device: 9700 ► 9900 ► Q10

Just wondering, did you still need to load a backup of your contact book & calendar after you reinstalled OS 7?
I had the same problem in this thread, used the fix link & also didn't read the disclaimer until it was too late, so had to reinstall OS 7.. & I'm wondering if I can use BDM to put my contacts & calendar appointments from my 9700 onto my 9900 or if this problem would reoccur from the device being connected to BDM again?

This may seem like a very silly concern but I don't understand what the problem was in the first place, so I'm scared to try it until I've heard a couple of others had no trouble.. :/
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Sasktel

Moressy,

When had this issue I didn't have to reinstall the OS, just those core components.  if you have a backup of your contacts I don't see why you wouldn't be able to use BDM to transfer them over.  My BB is part of a BES configuration so I didn't have to worry about contact management.  I think this issue is using the dev ice transfer wizard going from a 9700/9800 to a 9900.  My guess is that it reuses imcompatible files and the mentioned fix replaces them.  Give BDM a shot. 

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

I am also having the same issue, phone is registered and receiving emails, except I cant access my email setting through the phone, always tells "connecting to email settings" and just continues to say that. This phone is just a big mess!!! Never had any issues with my previous Bold 9780 at all, but with this, and because I travel a lot, and have a line in every city of the ones i frequently travel too, the phone just went nuts! One time browser doesn't work, another apps dont work, and tells me no internet connection, did a wipe re installed the software with out any apps, re downloaded app world and other aps they work now and my browser when it was working decided to stop!!

Am thinking this whole Blackberry ID business is just messy, I am now in England, on my Vodafone carrier home network, and I have My Tmobile USA apps just pop out on my home screen when they shouldn't and never used to happen as they push browser apps for specific downloads! Could some one please explain the reasoning behind that?? I also disconnected my email through the carrier website and thus I have no email connected to the phone to trouble shoot and I still receive emails!!!

Impressive blackberry ID am thinking that, just by reading all these blogs, I feel always feel we buy blackberry's to suffer if they thought to add some random new technology and then let us work out way through it!! Am sorry but I am like many, super busy and just want to have my smart phone work!!!

Now, I have been installing deleting and what ever for the past 3 days and every time I get a new issue!!

I have now, decided to create 4 blackberry ID's, for my 4 different city sim cards, and continuing to see what is going to happen!!!

or maybe should I just buy 4 bold 9900???

Thanks

PS I am on vodafone os 7 .296, and I am on vodafone uk!!

So the problem isnt just carrier networks its the phone its' s self.

Im app loader I cant find on desktop manager Blavkberry identity!!

I still till now get the same issue with email setup, and always get duplicate emails as well!