Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Maxis

Bold 9900 freezes at 3/4 when reboot

[ Edited ]

My blackberry was sent back to the factory a month ago because of white screen of death and lcd problem. I just got my phone back and it was working perfectly fine until the battery drained and when I charged it, the phone freezes at the 3/4 loading bar and it's been for about 2 hours in this state.

Here's what I've attempted to do to fix this problem and I've read about this issue a million times but I still can't find the solution.

i've tried:

1) pulling out the battery and put it back in, wait for it to reboot - Failed

2) Did method 1) without simcard or memory card - Failed

3) Tried rebooting it on safe mode - Failed

4) Downloaded the software dekstop on my mac and plugged in my blackberry, it'll say the blackberry needs to be repaired and when I press okay, it installs the software update and the progress works completely fine until it reboots the phone and the same problem will occur where it freezes and fails to reboot. I've tried this couple of times already but no luck so far.

Now the phone's still in the same state where it freezes right between the letter e and r  which is about 3/4 of the loading bar and it's been this way for 3 hours.

I know that this issue has been happening a lot to other users and have searched all over the web for a solution but I just can't seem to fix mine...

Please help... was so  excited when i got this bb back and now this new problem is really ruining my mood...

and yes, I did install a few new apps before all of this happens and i've read that the problem may come from an error in installing apps but how do I fix this and delete them?

I really don't know what to do now..

please help?

Trusted Contributor
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: 0

Re: Bold 9900 freezes at 3/4 when reboot

dude... do yourself a favour and send it back to the guys that fixed it... tell them to sort it out. you have tried all the usual and recommended things
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Bold 9900 freezes at 3/4 when reboot

I'm having the same problem with my Bold 9780. It started right after I did an upgrade on two apps and it asked me if I wanted to reboot. I said yes and it stops almost at the end of the reboot and freezes. The 2 apps were LinkedIn and Weather Network apps.

I left it on all night in the reboot phase hoping it would eventually reboot. All it did was drain my battery. I then plugged it in to recharge hoping that this would cause a full reboot. Froze again during reboot.

I am now trying to sync with my laptop. It still freezes at the end and then it shuts off and starts rebooting again.

Any help appreciated. This is the only phone I have for condo entrance and no landline, not mention keeping in contact with business clients.