Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: MTC

Bold 9900 not registering for BIS

I have a brand new bold 9900 i bought in Asia but its failing to register for BIS in my home country. With Wi-Fi, it works perfectly well, i can access blackberry world, downloaded whatsapp, viber, facebook etc:- and worked but i haven't tried BBM. I took it to my service provider as i want to be using BIS and they tried registering it following this steps: Option>Device>Advanced System settings>Host Routing Table...and its says "Registration sent" but i don't get any response. They tried connecting it on the system but the PIN is not being picked up, and they're saying that the PIN it doesn't exist on blackberry and that the network is locked. all the other functions are working well, i can make calls, receive, send messages, access my mails etc:- my problem is only the BIS.

How do i solve this problem? unlocking the network?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Bold 9900 not registering for BIS

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Based on what you say, I can only guess that you are the unfortunate victim of purchasing a useless device. If your carrier cannot resolve it and result in what you say, then no carrier will ever be able to deliver proper services to your device.

It is also possible that your device remains registered to some other carrier BIS system, and is obtaining those services via WiFi, but cannot do so via the carrier data network as they do not match...the BIS service must be provided by the same carrier data network that services the device, and that seems to not be your home carrier. You would have to figure out what that other carrier is, contact them and convince them to release the BB PIN from their network, and only then might your carrier be able to create a BIS account for your device. Finding out who that other carrier is will be quite challenging...and no one here in this user-to-user community has any access to any systems to find that out for you...your carrier might be able to find that out though, as they have access to things we do not have access to.

I do hope you find a way to get this device working...if not, then I fear you will need to make a claim with whoever sold it to you.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: MTC

Re: Bold 9900 not registering for BIS

i'll try them again to see if they'll help me or send it back to the sellorSmiley Sad

Thank you.