07-27-2013 08:17 PM
Dropped my phone accidentally onto the concrete floor today. Done this several times before, but this time, my phone wouldn't switch on. I've tried in vain for Google searches to fix it, but is my phone just unusable now? Are the insides damaged?
07-27-2013 11:15 PM
07-28-2013 02:07 PM
These devices are not indestructable. From what you say happened, it sounds like something inside has broken, preventing battery power from reaching the device. But, to be sure, please try this sequence...note that, throughout the entire 4h15m process, your BB must remain connected to a known-good wall charger (not PC USB):
This has been known to "kick start" some BBs.
It is also possible that your battery or BB has experienced a problem...to test, this sequence is needed:
The results of this will indicate if it's your BB or your battery that has the problem.
If the result is that your BB is the issue (e.g., your battery works fine in the other BB, yet your BB still will not boot up with the other battery), then I'd conclude hardware damage, for which no amount of internet-distance diagnostics nor OS/software level fixes can be of any real use. Rather, seek a local (to you) shop with a qualified hardware technician and obtain a proper evaluation and estimate.
Good luck and let us know!