Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile Germany

Bold 9900 problem with Bluetooth-connection with BMW professional communication-system

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

I have my 3rd BB now and am really upset. When I used my "old" BB 9780 with the professional BMW-communication-System the level of integration was just amazing. Everything synchronized and working perfectly.

Then I got my new BB 9900 and things changed dramatically!

The pairing-process seemed to be working fine and all the bluetoothservices connected well. The menu in the car showed my contacts (some more the 900). No messages, appointments, tasks. After some seconds the contacts are gone and the icon in the car, indicating with services of the Bluetoothphone are available changes from data, audio and phone to audio and phone only. Calls can still be received at that time.

Trying to do something on the Bold will not work at that time - it is completely stalled. frozen, dead

After some seconds. The car looses connection to the phone and indicates, that there is no bluetooth-phone available.

Resetting the phone will not make it work again. It needs 1 - 2 akkupulls to get it to function again. After 1 pull the progressbar moved so incredibly slow that it needs a second pull.

I get my OS via t-mobile. They did not upgrade it since delivery: 7.0 Bundle 1465 (v7.0.0.296, platform 5.0.0.496)

I tried to change every option in the BB-bluetooth menu (encryption, limit the services to phone only and so on and so son). Nothing changed. There seems to be a massive change in the bluetooth-stack between 9780 and 9900. There are many similar postings on the internet and in this forum.

If RIM wants to be the premium smartphone-company, these phones need to work with the in-car-systems of the premium in-car-comm.systems such as the bmws.

Thanks for your help!

Elio

Retired
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: Bold 9900 problem with Bluetooth-connection with BMW professional communication-system

Hey DrEAdler

Have a look at this link 

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Content/Owner/BluetoothTechnology/bluetoothframedin.aspx

Here you will be able to input your BMW Series and Body Type along with your Wireless Service Provider and it will tell you if your device is supported by BMW.  Without knowing the type of car you have I was unable to see if the 9900 is supported.

Hope this helps. 

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Carrier: T-Mobile Germany

Re: Bold 9900 problem with Bluetooth-connection with BMW professional communication-system

The BB 9900 ist not listed as being supported. Thas is what I say: there must have been a major change in thr buletooth-stack from 9780 (supported) to 9900 (not listed) and the results of this change are neither in the interest of RIM, nor of BMW nor of the customers.

My Carrier: Bouygues Telecom

In case it can help, I'd like to confirm that I faced the same issue with my Audi & I proceeded as below:
1. Turned off the encryption over BlueTooth
2. reset the phone.

It worked & & turned the encryption back on... Still works, so it seems reset of the phone is enough...
My Carrier: Etisalat

[ Edited ]

I have similar problems with a 2012 Porsche Carrera S (991). It pairs okay sometimes. Then one of the following things randomly happens:

1) phone reboots on its own (without me doing anything)
2) it hangs up on calls and then will refuse to reconnect (phone not found bla bla)
3) randomly disconnects and refuses to reconnect

or a combination of the above...

Problem can be solved with a reboot of the blackberry. Then it works fine. If I leave the car and come back again, 80% chance the phone will screw up again and do one of the above three things.

Conclusion: Blackberry sucks. Throwing it away and getting something different soon... and it wont' be a blackberry. As you said, if such a "premium" phone won't work with a premium car, then what's the point. Most hilarious thing of all is that a friend of mine who has the Porsche Design Bold has the same issues... I mean COME ON!