Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: o2

Bold 9900 "Insert SIM Card" error.

i sent my phone off for repair due to problems with the device not turning on or charging just not functioning and i recived a brand new phone yesterday as the other one was not fixable and i put my sim card in and it just says "insert sim card" when the sim card is in, ive tried several sim cards and it wont respond to any of them, can anybody help me here? 

-Thanks-

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: o2

Re: Bold 9900 "Insert SIM Card" error.

anybody?  

Contributor
My Device: 9790 on os 7.1
My Carrier: MTN South Africa

Re: Bold 9900 "Insert SIM Card" error.

How old is your sim Card? I notice with the newer smart phones it is best u use the lastest sim from your carrier, as sometimes the older sims create alot of static which slows your speeds on downloads, drops calls and sometimes even gives you the error of insert sim card. I did a sim swop and must admit phone has been alot more reliable

But its hard to believe that could be the problem as it is 7 sims you tried perhaps a phone problem , sincing it is the new they replaced and it is within 7 days should you not take it back and ask them to swop it immediately?