Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Bold 9900 random reboots

Not sure.
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone-UK

Hi JSanders,

Thanks for this. I tried updating the software and it went through and happened in less than a minute with no visible changes in the phone. But when I checked the device still says it has ver v7.0.0.296,Platform 5.0.0.496.

I think the upgrade has not gone through and still using the unstable version.

The 9900 I'm using is with Vodafone UK. Pls advice.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks
G
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry 9900
My Carrier: redington

my name is zubin merchant , i m from india (hyderabad) , i am the blackberry authorised dealer i have a bez+ store in hyderabad i do all the software upgradtion of all models in blackberry n i need ur help . i was using a blackberry bold 4 9900 suddenly my deivce id dead my device keeps on restarting again n again n only just for 5 seconds red light blings n restarts , i tried every thing possible tht i can i done through desktop maneger n even through app loader but i keeps on restarting when this message shows up (reconnecting to jvm) . plz help i am waiting for yours reply .

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodacom

Hi Jsanders. I have followed your steps 100 times and I just cannot get it to work. Loader does not pic up the device software update, but when I install the old version from my provider, it finds it. What am I missing please?

Solutions: 6,348
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

cornep wrote:

Hi Jsanders. I have followed your steps 100 times and I just cannot get it to work. Loader does not pic up the device software update, but when I install the old version from my provider, it finds it. What am I missing please?

Have you downloaded the large OS file?

Have you clicked on the downloaded file to install it to your PC?

Did you delete the vendor.xml file, and THEN, search your entire PC for "vendor.xml" and delete any and all instances of the file on your PC.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodacom

Yes downloaded v 353 from SK Telekom and installed. Deleted vendor.xml, ran the loader but it still only sees the original v296 which I installed a while ago from my cell provider. What I did to get it to work was I copied all the files from v353 into the 296 folder which then worked. My phone is now updated to v353.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Try tightening the battery case!!

Hey I had the exact same problem- my first 9900 got stuck in an infinite reboot loop- the company replaced it. Second phone got stuck in the same reboot loop, this time I reinstalled the OS (using BBSAK) and it worked fine.
Both phones had the problem of randomly rebooting. My phone would reboot itself at least 15 times through the day. I thought it was an OS problem and tried 3 different OS 7s.
The ACTUAL solution was much much much simpler- I figured out that my phone rebooted on any minor impact, and that the battery was probably loose. Stuck a thick double sided tape on the inside of my battery cover to snuggen the battery, and my phone hasn't rebooted itself since.
May not work for everyone- but it's too easy a fix to not try I think.

My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

i have a BB Bold 9900, it cames from USA and i use it here in Dominican Republic with Orange, some time my bold suddenly reboot with no reason, and i want to ask: here you put this BlackBerry Handheld Software v7.0.0.2395 (All Languages) to install this actualization cause the blackberry desktop always says there's no sofware update, but i ask: i download that in "Al :Language" but it is fron Asia, it doesny matter if im here iin the caribean, i mean you lknow it says "Asia" and of course "Al Language" it doesnt matter? Theres no problem with that?
New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Airtel

im using bold9900. worked fine with os 7.0 all versions. since 7.1 upgrade it just restarts every time i use any web based app eg bbm or facebook or even mails.

service centre did a os flash... didnt work

then they kept my phone for 14 days did some hardware changes but the same problem is happening!!! pl help