Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: ATT

Bold 9900 recieves emails then they disappear

So my boss tossed his phone at me chewing me out because it "doesn't work".  I cycle the power and ask what's wrong, his phone will display that a new email has arrived it will download and it will read but once it is read the email disappears never to be found on the phone again.  The message is still usable on the computer but for the phone it's 1 and done.  I checked out the email options on both the computer and the phone and there's no auto archive to a pst or anything.  I really don't want to reset to default because I'm sure there's "important" stuff on the phone that will lead to working over the weekend.  The phone also will display missed calls (legit missed calls) but won't show who or when the call was missed.  Help

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Bold 9900 recieves emails then they disappear

Hi FourtyDeuce and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums!

How do you have your email configured on your BlackBerry® smartphone.  Are you configured via BlackBerry® Internet Service or BlackBerry® Enterprise Server?  Also, what type of email account is it?

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

We're running BIS.  Found a quick fix, poping the battery out giving it acouple minutes then putting it back in fixes the issue for a couple of days.  Another one of the phones we issued (same model) stopped loading text messages once again yanked the battery and it's been going strong since.  This won't fly for any length of time, is there a fix for these issues, a firmware update or something so I don't have to go pull the battery out of my bosses phone every so often? And we're running enterprise through outlook.  Side note- we're in the process of swapping out mail servers not sure if that will matter as the BB's are pulling mail

Retired

Typically when email messages disappear from the BlackBerry® smartphone, it happens because the message gets moved or deleted from the mail server. 

If you are in the process of migrating your mail servers, I would recommend waiting until that process is done, re-integrate your email account, then test again.

Let me know how that works out for you.

Thanks.

-CptS

New Contributor

So what you're saying is wait it out?  That's not acceptable, These phones were put through our Remedy system about a week ago now, that's around 75-80 phones that were connected to the mail server and I'm only having problems with 2. 

Super Contributor
My Device: BB Q10
My Carrier: vodafone UK

Hello! It could be a sync fault. Did you try deleting the email account and email setup wizard and try install and set it up again?

Regards.
Blackberry! Here, now, forever!
Retired

I was unaware that you had 75-80 devices with only 2 having problems.  This is valuable information.  This indicates that its not likely a mail server issue if 95% of your users are functioning correctly.

What type of email account is configured on the devices? POP, IMAP, OWA? Also, how are the users receiving their email on their computer?

Thanks.

-CptS

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi, I'm having exactly the same problem. I've got an IMAP account set up linked to the company server, and I use Outlook on my computer.

I don't have this problem over the weekend - emails seem to disappear at some indeterminate point after I've accessed them on my computer. However, it is annoying that I don't have access to any old emails on my blackberry.

Thanks for any help on this.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: ETISALAT

hi it seems you are an expert.

now is 2-3 days i got problem with my bold BB and nobody can help even teqnitions!

i set up yahoo, hotmail, gmail IDs and another ID for my company.

i dont know why i dont recieve any email from my ID company.

i had to format my smartphone, recognition by BB account also, deleting and setting up again,...all options...even icon of folder didnt come to my home page!

i am realy angry and exocted...

pls help if u can.

appriciated