Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: AT&T
Accepted Solution

Bold 9900 - shows new messages only

Hello,

I have a Blackberry Bold 9900. I am new to Blackberry but find it quite intuitive except for I am not able to resolve this small glitch. On my phone, I get new email notifications and I can see those emails from notification bar at top. However, when I go to messages folder, I cannot see any emails. Neither new unread emails nor the existing emails. I can tell I am connected to corporate server because I do get new emails (Can see them through notification), I can send emails and they get delivered but just nothing shows in Messages. All it shows is missed calls.

I can look up email addresses from address book and calendar syncs / displays fine. Just email messages are an issue.

Any help is much appreciated.

Specs of phone below, please let me know if I am missing anything!

Free memory = 172,288,730 Bytes

v7.1.0.694 Platform 5.1.0.507

Cryptographic Kernel v3.8.7.1

Application Storage Free Space 164.3 MB

Built-in Media Storage

Total 6 GB Free 5.7 GB

Thank you!

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook , HS-700 headset
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Bold 9900 - shows new messages only

Hiya!
So just to clarify, when you read a new message, you cannot find it again after?

Just out of curiosity, go into your message folder, press menu, options, Message display and actions, and make sure the hide filed messages is unchecked.

-Raelic
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter

New Contributor

Hi Raelic,

Thanks for your reply. You are correct. I can read the new message from notifier bar, but after I close it and go back into messages, I can't find it there!

I looked at option hide filed messages and it is unchecked.

Smiley Indifferent

Forums Veteran I

Okay, and is this for both email and text messages? Or only for email?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!

New Contributor

Text messages are showing fine.

Forums Veteran I

Okay, in messages>options>inbox management.. Are all of your email addresses checked?

New Contributor

The email account shows as Desktop and yes it is checked. FYI it's a corporate email account connected to MS Exchange server I think.

Thanks!

Forums Veteran I

Hmm, not entirely sure.
Have you contacted administration to ensure its not be filed to another folder server-side?

New Contributor

Admin team is checking on it. However, it's funny that Calendar syncs and shows ok. I am able to send emails. I am able to read new mails from notifications only but not from messages folder. I tried power off and on several times to no avail.

BUT - just now I removed the battery and put it in again and voila! the emails are all there now! I read this somewhere on internet but it also said that in a day or so it goes back to symptom again. I have my emails for now and will see what happens over next couple days. If issue does not resurface I will close this thread marking it resolved. Will look for more responses in the meantime.

It def seems to be some glitch in Messages application because that's where the emails do not show - rest everything works.

Thanks for your tips!

Forums Veteran I

Glad to hear it's working!

Just an fyi, calender and mail use separate service books ( CICAL and CMIME) so they would sync separately.

I was thinking that what was happening is after you read he new message, the server was marking it read and filing it in a separate folder that your device wasn't accessing... That's just speculation however.

Regardless, I'm glad it's working and please keep us posted!

Cheers
-Raelic