Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Orange

Bold 9900 touch screen being affected by sun or wind

Everytime i am outside trying to use my Blackberry Bold 9900, the screen goes crazy, scrolling down to the bottom of any screen i am on, this makes using the phone almost impossible.

I can't work out whether it is due to the sun or the wind, i am swaying towards the sun, it is very strange and very annoying.

Any suggestions?

My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Bold 9900 touch screen being affected by sun or wind

I'm getting the exact same thing on a BRAND NEW 9900 but it scrolls up constantly when in the sun.

My Device: 9700
My Carrier: t mobile

This is a massive problem with the 9900s. I spent a HUGE amount of time trying to fix my 9900 from scrolling to the bottom of the screen. Both with t mobile and my self. T mobile eventually took it back and refunded me! I had to threaten them but they did it. I am using my 9700. RIM needs to fix this yesterday. They are already on thin ice with iPhone competition. 

My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

I have a user with the same problem.  Although my 9900 does not display these symptoms.  Any fixes out there?

Highlighted
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: t mobile

None. Rimm says they "are coming out with fix." With no time frame, I might add. T-Mobile says it's a Rimm problem! When Apple had their problem with the 3GS antenna, they said to "cover it with a piece of aluminum." It worked then the fix came out the next week. This is the correct procedure and few even remember it.

No rimm thought. They are too busy laying off workers and wondering what to do now that their leaders keep resigning. Rimm is (unfortunatley) dead and as a Black berry user since day one, that makes me sick. I HATE virtual keyboards - I want real keys to press. I guess I'll have to look for another device with a decent keyboard as my 9700 is the pits.

Contributor
My Device: 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

I realize this is an old thread but just wondered if a mitigation to this problem has been found? Touch sensitivity settings or?? My 9930 is very frustrating in a breeze. Outdoors or near a fan.

For that matter, has anyone found a way to simply turn off the digitizer? I don't like touch and don't use it. The ONLY complaints I have with the 9930 is the touch and butt dials & other non-sense it causes. The Q10 will become a real TOOL once it gets charging contacts, trackpad, etc... Maybe Q11?

Till then I'm stuck with what could be the best phone I've ever owned if I could just turn off the !?*# touch toy!! ...?? Any third party apps to turn it off? Can anyone suggest which wire to snip to kill the touch??

Been faithful to RIM for many years. Don't blame them for wanting a piece of the touchtoy pie but sure hope they can remember how to make a business tool again...???