Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Classic
My Carrier: telus

Bold 9900 turn on, make calls, sync but dark screen

I have a Bold 9900 that has be working fine. yesterday, I swap out my main battery for spare. Now, when I turn on, I have a dark screen, The back light is on and I can sync, make calls, etc but there is no screen. This happened one time before but it came back one day later. Any solution? Or I have to get a new phone? Thanks in advance!
Contributor

Re: Bold 9900 turn on, make calls, sync but dark screen

BTW, I did a battery pull already as you guessed. How can I do a hard reset with a dark screen?
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Hi slam5,

Try starting your phone on Safe mode. Safe mode is designed to allow troubleshooting or remove any unwanted applications and can also be used to prevent third-party applications from running automatically when starting the BlackBerry smartphone.

BlackBerry smartphones running BlackBerry 6 and BlackBerry 7 to 7.1 in Safe Mode complete the following steps:

1. Remove and reinsert the BlackBerry smartphone battery.
  2. Once the loading bar is displayed on the screen of the BlackBerry smartphone, press and hold the Escape key until you hear beeping or the loading bar completes then release the Escape key.
  3. When the BlackBerry smartphone boots up the Safe Mode disclaimer listed below appears, click OK to dismiss the disclaimer.

You can get the detail from the below KB article -

• KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

If performing above doesn't resolve the issue then consider updating your device OS.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Contributor

Hi, thanks for the quick reply but my problem is deeper than that as I have NO PICTURE at all. No boot up bar, nothing. I wonder if the ribbon cable from the lcd is loose. My contract is up and entitled to a new phone. Was hoping I can get away without getting a used phone until the bb10 device show up. sigh