Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry 9900
My Carrier: Telus

Bold 9900 with Blackberry Desktop Software, Outlook 2010, Calendar Sync will not configure

Hello,

Running the latest version of the BB Desktop Software, (6.1) on a Windows XP Platform. BB Bold 9900 smartphone for our mayor.

He would like to sync his calendar items with his Outlook. Not an unreasonable request! We are using Exchange and Outlook 2010, however, we are not running BES for this small organization.

Here are the steps I go through:

1. Load Blackberry Desktop Software
2. Go to Organizer.
3. Configure settings.
4. Click calendar.
5. Wizard starts.
6. Select MS outlook. Click next.
7. Two way sync. Next.
8. "Microsoft Outlook Internet Settings." Click next.
9. Finish.
10. Window blinks. Calendar checkbox clears. Nothing has been entered.
11. Repeat ad nauseum.

After trying everything I could think of to get through this and searching Google for several hours, calling Telus (who have no ideas it seems) and trying to find an 800# to call Blackberry about this, I finally decided to post the issue on this forum, as I haven't seen anyone else with the same issue.

Honestly, without rancor and with the utmost frankness, this has caused me a fair bit of aggravation. I am regretting purcahsing this 9900 for the mayor and wishing I had gone iPhone as I did with the rest of staff, where we set up a direct Exchange integration in about 3 minutes per device.

Thank you for any assistance.

Matt

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 4G 9810
My Carrier: ATT

Re: Bold 9900 with Blackberry Desktop Software, Outlook 2010, Calendar Sync will not configure

After "Finish" try "sync"
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: monza 9860
My Carrier: verizon

Re: Bold 9900 with Blackberry Desktop Software, Outlook 2010, Calendar Sync will not configure

yes try click "sync"at bottom right