Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: O2

Bold 9900 won't turn on!

[ Edited ]

I don't suppose anyone can give me any help with my blackberry :s

I went on holiday and had it in my pocket whislt I was walking round, and when I sat down at a resturant and looked at it, and it was almost like the phone had just died, but the screen didnt light up and the LED didnt flash. 

I charged it up fully the night before and i know that when the battery is flat it flashes yellow, but it was doing nothing.

When I got home i tried charging it, but nothing and then I plugged it into my laptop to try a retrive all of my stuff on there but again nothing!

It's so frustrating because I didnt actually do anything to it to break it!

Can it be fixed or is it destined for the bin?

I havent even had the thing for a year!

Please help!!! Smiley Happy

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Bold 9900 won't turn on!

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please try this sequence...note that, throughout the entire 4h15m process, your BB must remain connected to a known-good wall charger (not PC USB):

1. With the battery inside, connect your BB to the wall charger
  2. Leave it alone for 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does
  3. Remove the battery
  4. Wait 15 minutes
  5. Insert the battery
  6. Wait another 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does

This has been known to "kick start" some BBs.

It is also possible that your battery or BB has experienced a problem...to test, this sequence is needed:

1. Obtain a known good and already fully charged additional battery...use it in your BB and see what happens
  2. Obtain access to a known good and identical BB...use your battery in it and see what happens

The results of this will indicate if it's your BB or your battery that has the problem.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Okay thank you i will try that.

For step 6 do i just leave it for 2 hours or just leave it charging for another 2 hours?

Thanks again Smiley Happy

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re-read the beginning...leave it on the charger throughout the 4h15m, which would therefore include step 6.

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Unfortunately the method you suggested didnt work Smiley Sad

Hall of Famer III

And, if you are talking only about the "kick start", then that's only half of what I recommended...

New Contributor

ive sent it off for repair because i dont know anyone with the same bold as me and i dont want to waste money buying batteries etc when i can get it fixed for free Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III

Excellent...such would likely have been an ultimate recommendation anyway.

BTW -- a "new" versus a "known good" battery are not necessarily the same thing. While rare, new batteries have been known to be defective. Typically, the best way to do that second test is to go to your mobile providers shop and see if they've got one to try it out with.

In any event, good luck!