Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

R_a
My Device: Blackberry bold 9900

Bold 9900 wont connect to BIS. whatsapp and internet working fine,NO BBM.

I'm currently abroad and all my phones services have been working completely fine on wifi however yesterday i left the data services on but switched off the whilst roaming option. I also tried to insert a new sim where it brought up the blackberry ID login, i couldn't log in as this phone no longer recognises my password even though its correct (whole diff issue,i know a security wipe etc is needed in order to solve this) so i switched the phone off and put in my old sim.

even with the roaming switched off my whatsapp and internet work, i even switched it back on to see if it would make a difference but no matter what i do it seems as if i cant connect to BIS and the blackberry logo that appears on the top right of the screen wont come back. I've also tried connecting to the local phone networks here and the bb symbol still hasnt shown.

(did work before when connected to local network) 

was the fact i couldnt log into my id account an issue?! bis hasnt worked since.

WHAT DO I DO?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Bold 9900 wont connect to BIS. whatsapp and internet working fine,NO BBM.

Hi R_a,

Welcome to the Support Community!

Was your BlackBerry® Bold™ 9900 smartphone unlocked by your original network provider for use on another wireless network with a different SIM card?

I would advise contacting your network provider to ensure your services and roaming are still configured correctly to connect to the BlackBerry® Infrastructure.

Thanks.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!