Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

Bold 9930 Camera problem

My camera worked when I first received the phone.  Now, the camera function is not working.  The error message states: "Another application is using the camera.  Close other applications and try opening the camera again."  My problems started with the convenience key inadvertently starting up the camera almost every time I slid the phone into its holder.  I tried to disable the convenience key but the setup for disabling the convenience key will not open.  At one point, there was a message stating that no more pictures could be taken the memory is full.  I have taken NO pictures with my phone at this point, at least not by design.  HELP!  Thanks

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Bold 9930 Camera problem

As I realized once I used the search function in this forum, there is almost an identical thread on this topic.  As I noted in that thread, my problem was fixed by a hard reboot. 

My Device: bold 9930
My Carrier: Sprint

tried hard reboot (took out battery-waited 60 seconds) Camera/video still does not work.  it used to work but both camera and video stopped.  Get mesage "could not start the camera" and/or "could not start vider camera view finder"

My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

I'm having the same problem on my Bold 9700 I only recently downloaded some BBM apps....so I think it's related to that. I deleted every app I've downloaded in past month....and downloaded newest version of Bold Software too ! To no avail...NO CAMERA ? HELP Please ?