Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Bold Calling Noise/Cut Outs

Hello everyone, I am new to these forums here.  I just bought a new Bold on the first day it came out back in September.  It has been an awesome experience, and everything has been relatively smooth until now.

The problem I have right now is that whenever I make or receive a call, I get this repeating clicking noise - with each click, the call cuts out, and I cannot hear the other side of the call.  This click happens every second or half a second, rendering phone communications absolutely impossible.  I have resorted to emails and texting today.  And with the long weekend drawing to a close up here in Canada, I hope I don't miss too many calls with this...

The speaker volume bar is jumping up and down as well.  It seems to be synchronized with the clicking noise, making it look like a music visualization bar. After the OS downgrade from 162 to 144 (see below), the clicking and cutting out continues to happen but the bar no longer moves.

Some background information:

• Carrier: Rogers
  • Tried both OS: 4.6.0.144, 4.6.0.162 --> both EastAsia version since I need the Japanese, Korean and Chinese characters supported for my music.  I was running 144 (Telstar EastAsia) perfectly fine.  I have updated to 162 (CSL EastAsia) a couple days ago.  I thought this might be the cause of the problem, so I used the JL_Cmder to wipe my BB and install a fresh 144.  Still the same problem.
  • My father, also with the exact same 162 (CSL EA) OS has absolutely no problems, same network.
  • This problem should not be connection-related: happens outside, at work, at home...or right beside my father's working BB.

Thank you everyone!

My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: orange

Re: Bold Calling Noise/Cut Outs

hi i have a blackberry curve 8520 and am experiancing exactly the same problem, i had this problem before and had my phone replaced but its occuring again any ideas what it is or how to fix it?? x

Contributor
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: tmobile

were these problems ever resolved? I'm having hissing problems on my phone now...

My Device: 8520
My Carrier: T-Mobile

If anyone needs an answer to this:

1) Plug in headphones/headset into 8520
2) Place a call (headset symbol should be at top-left)
3) While in call, remove headphones/headset (headset symbol should disappear)
4) It should now be fixed. If not, keep inserting and removing headphones/headset.