Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Bold Camera error message - "could not start ... close other applications"

New user - message "could not start ... close other applications" comes up.  Any ideas?  Thanks.
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Bold Camera error message - "could not start ... close other applications"

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Has the camera ever worked?  Do you have alot of applications open?

Please read the attached link:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB15544&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

My Device: Not Specified

Just wanted to say thank you for posting this it helped me as well. I looked all over for an answer and low and behold simplicity solved it. thanks again

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: black berry bold 9700
My Carrier: t-mobile

If this does not work which it did not for me cause it was a physical issue I have found the answer after months of searching and trial and error.  Please understand that this is not conventional and when you read it, you will shake your head in disbeilef but if you pulled the video out of your nintendo and blew in it to make it work again and it worked then you will follow these instructions cause it works. 

Answer:  you have probably dropped the phone too many times and there is an issue with the camera/video physically.  Lay the phone face down and remove the back cover. remove the battery and then replace it. before putting the cover back on place something small, I recommend an old micro card like the one you have in the phone as extra memory storage, on the top right part of the battery and force the cover on over it by applying pressure.  In many cases the camera/video work right away in other cases the camera/video worked over a period of a few days and is weird cases the camera/video came on and went off and then came back on a few days later.  If you found this interesting reward me by clicking here

Thank you and good luck..... probably outta look into an iphone...  sorry guy but the wife is buying one for me for Christmas.....