Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Bell
Accepted Solution

Bold Charging Problems!

[ Edited ]

hey guys,

well to start off, im a proud new owner of a bold 9780.  this is my first bb ever, so please bare with me.  so after my first nights charge evrything was going as planned, full battery, no problem getting it to charge.  so the next night i begin my charging ritual but awaken in the morning to a warning message saying media card error, would you like to repair [yes]/no (it had full battery at that time).  after clicking yes, my phone restarted then had a low red battery.  i plugged it back in to charge and again my phone truned off, then had trouble booting back up.  a few minutes later i finally got it to turn on with almort full battery. so i continued my day as normal, with my phone saying i had almost a full battery, then without warning, it goes red and gives me a warning low battery message.  now whenever i plug it in to charge, it says i have almost full battery, so my phone basically cant make up its mind about the battery level :@ but the worst is that once the usb charger is in, i cannot move the phone or it will restart. any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advanced!

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Bold Charging Problems!

Hello,

Given your description and the newness of the device, I'd advise taking it back for warranty evaluation.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Bold Charging Problems!

thanks for the advice, i went back and they exchanged my battery for a new one and now everythings 100%, thanks again