09-24-2008 03:54 AM
I need your expertise to assist me on my new Bold. I am quite disappointed with bold as a whole as this is my second unit and it still shows and act the same thing despite having updated version. My current version now is 220.127.116.11 (Platform 18.104.22.168) and I am riding on Celcom (Malaysia).
The issues are:
1. Failed to received MMS after few attempts of hard reset and register host routing table, swapped sim card to blackberry pearl, working fine without additional reconfiguration. the error is "failed to send massages"
2. “Uncaught exception: popScreen: UiEngine is null !=net.rim.device.api.ui.UiEnginelmpl@2ef6743” when deleting application. E.g. windows live messenger, yahoo messenger, facebook and Google maps but fine/ no error if we delete "in house" application such Blackberry maps or Japanese / Chinese font
3. Blackberry is hanging after I installed additional software. (Windows live messenger, yahoo messenger, facebook and Google maps.) When I checked I found out the application memory is 0. To confirm that the issue because of these applications, I removed them one by one and encountered the error massage. (Please refer #2). After done with removal these application and hard reset, the memory is increased to 22.7MB but it will reduced by itself automatically as a time goes. After 1 day monitoring, the memory left now is only 5MB. FYI, I only refer to Application Memory. Bold offer Memory Cleaner, but after perform this, no difference neither at the memory size nor performance
4. Failed to do video streaming from youtube.com using both browser (internet & hotspot). I even unchecked the "Switching to WAP for streaming media" but still failed.
09-25-2008 12:35 AM
1. For MMS check with your carrier they should load .rdf files for Bold in their MMSC. RIM provide this to each carrier upon acceptance of a new device.
2 & 3. This is unusual!! Report this issue to your carrie for resolution.
4. Blackberry is not capable of viewing YouTube from any of its browser.
If your query is resolved then please click on “Accept as Solution”
Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit
09-25-2008 02:16 AM
Thanks Tanzim, i will check with my carrier about the MMS setting. btw, i just upgraded to v 4.6 (150) and issue 2 and 3 seems fixed. But i still need to monitor whether the memory still goes down.
youtube confirm can be played from the browser (it actually played in Media but getting resouces from browser). please check different forum and they will show you how
09-25-2008 05:40 AM
i have same issue like on #1 but my case not on the MMS, my BlackBerry Bold never received any email, unless i go to the Advanced > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table and click the Register Now then my BlackBerry Bold will start downloading the email,
already register (change device including the PIN and IMEI) on BIS and click Register Now on BlackBerry (did it so many times), got the 3G with BlackBerry Logo, WiFi on, so far all normal
my Carrier is SingTel
any help will appreciate