Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Bold LED problem

Smiley SadHi everyone. I've had my bold about a month now and up until four or five days ago when charging it, the LED would flash orange while charging then turn a constant green when fully charged. Now it does nothing and I can't find any documentation anywhere to reactivate it. Its not the LED itself as it works for everything else! Any ideas?

New Contributor

Re: Bold LED problem

Hi! my Bold is about 2 weeks old and has developed the same problem: the orange LED no longer flashes when charging, and the green LED no longer comes on when fully charged! How do I reset this? Many thanks!

New Contributor

Try going to options, then status, then type test. Run through the on screen prompts and it gets to an LED test. See if that fixews it.
New Contributor

Hi! Thanks for that suggestion. The LED cycles through red, green and blue. I guess the yellow/amber colour is made by combining the red and green LEDs. Running the test does not solve the problem! any other ideas please? Thanks!
New Contributor

Make sure phone is not in bedside mode in the clock window.
New Contributor

Thanks for that but no, it is not in bedside mode...

Any other suggestions?

New Contributor

...and coming to think of it, the flashing yellow LED that normally indicates the phone is charging, stopped doing this after I nearly completely discharged the phone (red battery icon, flashing yellow LED).

Could this have something to do with the problem that I now now longer have a flashing yellow LED when the phone is on charge? I find that really useful, especially when it turns green to show the battery is fully charged.

how do I turn that back on?

Highlighted
New Contributor

**bleep**! I've figured it out: the yellow LED only flashes when under charge with the phone switched off! So, folks who want to see the charging status must turn the phone off to see the light. And those who get annoyed by it during the night should leave the phone switched on, in bedside mode with the LED disabled (go to options in clock menu to select).

If you don't want to go into bedside mode, then disable the red led