Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Bold - Long Pause. Help!

I bought the phone 2 weeks ago and I've been having this problem ever since. When I'm talking to someone on the phone, there would be this long weird pause. Obviously I can't hear anything and the person I'm talking to can't hear me either. It's really annoying because I was never able to talk to my friends for more than 1 or 2 minutes. I tried restarting the phone, sadly it didn't work. I went back to the store and they said they didn't know if the problem was caused by the network or the phone itself so they gave me a new sim card to test it out. But it still didn't work. So I went back again and they said it would take at least 2 weeks to examine the phone and fix it.

Do you guys know what the problem is? if yes do you know how to fix this problem?

Or do I really have to turn in my BB Smiley Sad ?

Thx 

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Bold - Long Pause. Help!

Test your existing SIM card in another device (other then BlackBerry). If this is OK...meaning you could hear normally then there is no issue with your SIM card. Now use a working SIM card (other then your one from your friends/colleagues) in your BlackBerry Bold. Now if the same problem occurs then go back to the store and ask for replacement device. 

The issue is related to device hardware. In such cases changing the device is the only option for you.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S II SkyRocket (yes, Android)
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Bold - Long Pause. Help!

In my opinion, if you've only had the phone two weeks, they had better just hand you a new one. Then, they can take all the time they want to find the problem!