Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Bold Timer Reset Malfunction

I tried to enter the amount of minutes that I want to count down from and it set to 240:00:00. That's 10 days. I cannot reset it to zero. Has anyone else had this problem?
This timer is found in the clock function along with clock, stopwatch functions.
Thanks
RL
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: Bold Timer Reset Malfunction

Try resetting the device, taking out the battery for 30 seconds and install it again, let me know.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Visitor

I have same problem. Timer is setting on default at 48:00:00. No way to 00:00:00 on the display. I removed the battery for several time but without any result. Is anybody could help me?  Thanks
Highlighted

Hi All,

I had the same problem and tried a reset and battery pull to no avail. Every time i put in a new time it added it to the last time which got me thinking I could beat it by just clocking it round like an old speedo.

Turns out I was right. If you add 99 99 99 to it until it clocks to 660 00 00 it will hit a reset point where it will tick back to 00 00 00 or near enough where it will allow you to reset (at least mine did)

It seems to only get stuck if you accidently add more than 24 hrs in the timer function - thus keep it under 24 00 00 and you should be able to reset it anytime

Contributor

My bold has a similar problem. When setting the timer you may set it in any numbers between 00:00:00 and 23:59:59, but when it counts down, the start value always adds an exrta 24:00:00 to the value you set. And It can't be added up as thejetboy posted, i.e. the start value will always between 24:00:00 and 47:59:59.

Is it going to be a bug fix for this?

Hi All,

I had the same problem and tried to reset the time by adding the 99 99 99. This didn't solve the problem. Taking out the battery gives no result either.

I saw the question about the bug fix.

Is there a fix some way or another?

Contributor

I had this problem before with my Bold. Recently I upgrade the OS to 266 (or something like that) and it seems to have fixed it. I don't know it's the new OS or it's the upgrade itself (resetting something). And I don't know if the problem will come back. But if you are desperate you might want to upgrade your OS to an newer version.

Just trying to help.