Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry 8900
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Bold Touch 9900 Screen goes dim

Hi, 

I've had my bb for about 6 months now. A few days ago, i noticed that my screen started flickering whenever i used the trackpad to scroll through icons on the home screen.

Later, I realised that it would suddenly go dim, i.e. the screen would still show the icons but so dim that the screen looks completely dark., at random intevals.

Whenever I pressed the screen lock button at the top to blank it and then press it again to reactivate it, it would reactivate but again at a very dim setting.

I've done a restored the blackberry to factory setting and updated the OS but to no avail, which makes me thing that this is hardware problem?

Please advise.

Thanks

Benue

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: rogers

Re: Bold Touch 9900 Screen goes dim

I'm having the same problem. Found that when it cools down a little then it works fine. Even put it in the fridge for a minute when this happened and works fine when I take it out. Thinking of replacing the screen because my provider says that they can not find my phone registered for warrenty and Blackberry will not accept it to warrenty it. Nobody wants to take responsibility for the phone. Hope replacing the screen works. I'll let you know after I get the screen in.

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: rogers

Well. Changed the screen and all is working like new. Not a problem since.
My Device: Blackberry 8900
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Hi, I got my mobile carrier to fix my light intensity sensor since it was still under warranty. It worked after that but I sold it on.