Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Bold - Wi-Fi in Hotels, Airports....

Hi,

I have a BBerry Bold, and am able to connect to a wireless network (say in an airport serviced by T-Mobile).  However, when I open the web browser, only 3G or EDGE is on (and the WiFi logo on the home screen is dimmed).  I saw another forum that had this to say:

"Most hotel networks require authentication. Either they have a login page or a license agreement page that must be accepted before you can access the internet. Try opening your browser and go to google, it will either fail or it will redirect you to the necessary authentication page. Another option, though is strictly dependant on the Gateway located at the hotel, would be to navigate to 1.1.1.1/login to access the auth page. If it does not work then chances are you'll have to call tech support and have them put your device on pass-through."

The url did not work for me.  Is this a common problem, and do I have to call every hotel's network manager to deal with these "pass through" issues (that I do not fully understand).

THANKS!

Dan

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Bold - Wi-Fi in Hotels, Airports....

Step 1

1. Turn on Wi-Fi

2. click Set Up Wi-Fi Network

3. Next

4. Scan for Networks 

5. select the available network

6. If the authentication is required then you'll be prompetd to enter the (WEP) Key as providedby hotel/airport authority

7. Connect

Step2

1. Options

2. Advanced Options

3. Browser

4. Default Browser Configuration: Hotspot Browser

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit