Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

rof
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Bold & Microsoft Outlook contacts

I keep my outlook contacts in several folders. When synchronizing the Bold and desktop the contacts simply end up as one list in the phone's contacts and have lost categorisation.  Is there a way of keeping the folders/categories in the phone?
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: Bold & Microsoft Outlook contacts

If you have the contacts under categories, you can see the categories in the bold.

Go to contacts, press menu, and Filter, can you see the categories now?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
rof
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply.  I did set up the equivalent folders under filter where you suggest. However, when I sync the desktop and phone the folders do not drop neatly into the filters.
Forums Veteran III

you have the categories in Outlook?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
rof
New Contributor

Yes, several contact categories using Outlook 2003. The corresponding filters were created on the Bold but haven't been able to sync these from desktop to device. What happens is the filters on the Bold stay empty and contacts from all categories end up as one list of contacts on the phone.
Forums Veteran III

Oh, right now i understand what you want.

You can't under BIS , you need BES

Under BIS you can synch contacts, memos, calendar, but not mails, under BES yes, you can.

BIS - BlackBerry Internet Service = email service provided by the respective carrier; T-Mobile, AT&T, Verizon, Rogers, etc, etc...

BES - BlackBerry Enterprise Server = email service provided by a server ran by a company. For example by your employer...

rof
New Contributor

I appreciate your time and comments. However, I am doing the sync by USB connection - presumably the BIS/BES issue does not apply?