Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Bold and bluetooth not connecting

Hi all,

Just got a Bold last week but am having trouble with bluetooth. I have successfully paired the Bold with my old Samsung D900 phone and also with my iBook G4 but I am unable to connect to either of them to perform file transfers. Both are giving messages that the connection has failed whenever I try to start a transfer.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks very much.

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: Bold and bluetooth not connecting

Check all the information in this link

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB04009&sliceId=1&docTy...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Regular Contributor

I posted a reply to something similar here

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=General_Functions&message.id=4609#M46...

Let me know if this helps!

New Contributor

Hi Deviant,

Thanks very much, I used your method to transfer a few songs from my old Samsung phone which I was previously unable to do. However, it is my contacts that I really really need to transfer and I still can't find a way to do that. I've tried your method to transfer a couple test ones to the picture file in media, it says that the transfer completed but I can't find the .vcf file anywhere. There doesn't seem to be a "receive via bluetooth" option amongst the contact list options.

Hope you can help again.

Thanks.

Forums Veteran III

If you need to syn the contacts through bluetooth, follow this link

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Here is a procedure for using Bluetooth with Desktop Manager. Make sure you are running Windows native drivers,

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB04132&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Contributor

Urumilton, thanks but I am using an Apple iBook with OSX 10.4.11 so I am not running Windows Desktop Manager.

Any further advise?

Thanks

New Contributor

Having exactly the same problem myself and cannot get Bluetooth connectivity to any device long enough to transfer files.

The devices pair OK but loose connection before transferring data or do not recognise the Bold after the initial pairing.

can anyone offer any advice?

Highlighted
Forums Veteran III

BlackBerry device users cannot use Bluetooth technology with PocketMac for BlackBerry devices in order to wirelessly synchronize BlackBerry device data with a Mac® computer. PocketMac for BlackBerry devices does not yet support this functionality.