Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Bold automatically deleting calendar entries

Hi,

New to the forum so apologize in advance.

I'm running the most recent version of the blackberry software for the Bold (not sure what that is). In the last few weeks have had several instances of the device spontaneously deleting old calendar entries (say older than 10-14 days). The options for storing entries is set to forever. I even tried syncing my old entries from outlook back to the blackberry but it seems sync didn't notice that outlook and the bold are out of sync (? the deleted entries still on the blackberry). Has anyone else noticed this issue? Seemed to start on or about the most recent blackberry software I loaded through device manager.

Thanks

New Contributor

Re: Bold automatically deleting calendar entries

I found out I'm running version 4.6.0.217. As I stated before it seems this problem started on or about when I downloaded/installed this software. May be wrong, not sure.
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Sounds like the device may be running out of memory.

Can you check under Options | Status and make note of your File Free number. Afterwards reset the device by removing the battery and 1 min and replace it and let the device reboot. After it's done check and see if your File Free Number increased.

Also do you have a lot of third part applications on the device that you don't need? If so you can do into Options | Advanced Options | Applications and delete the ones you no longer need.

Check out this link for other ways to free space on a BlackBerry: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB14320

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor

Thanks for the info. I checked the file free memory. Pre reboot it was 38.8 MB and after the reboot alittle over 40MB. What does this mean?

If we assume the problem is due to lack of memory, how do we explain the fact that when I sync with Outlook the sync program notes 286 entries in Outlook, 172 on the device and then says it asks me to accept 3 additions to reconcile the difference (should have been the difference between the device and Outlook).Bizarre

Elite I

Strange indeed. So if you accept what's suggested by the software do those same 3 come up the next time you sync? If you hit the "Details" button when it tells you about the 3 additions what does it tell you?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
New Contributor

Thanks.Not sure what the details say as I only did it once. I had backed up my calendar with everything on Outlook so this morning I did a one way Outlook to device transfer with the option to delete items on the device checked. This did successfully transfer all my data. Now I just have to prevent this from happening in the future. To do this I checked keep messages "forever", deleted all unneccessary applications, cleared my old emails/cache, etc. Any other ideas to help prevent erasing old messages?

If it does it again I may have to consider there is a corrupt file that was transferred when I downloaded the new operating system. I guess I could reload the new version and see if that stops the problem. How would I do this? Just go to the support page and click download latest version? Wouldn't it notice I have the latest version and not download it.

Thanks

Elite I

Well each carrier may have a different version of the OS out. For instance I have AT&T and thier Bold software is only listed as being version 4.6.0.167. I like having the most up to date software so I loaded the latest Bold software which is 4.6.0.266. You can obtain the latest OS by looking at the following page at the top stickied message. Every few weeks I find a new OS is available.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-9000-series-discussion-bold/

Now you don't have to have the latest OS. Reloading your own carrier's is fine.

As far as the synchinggoes, in the Desktop Maanager's Synchronization options is the calendar set to transfer only future items or all items?