Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Bold main menu question?

I currently have my bold is set on the short menu (only five programs running along the bottom of the screen they way I prefer it). I was wondering if it was possible to switch some of these programs to other ones? say for example my calander to maps?  I have tried going through the tutorial that came with bold and searching online but not much luck.

Thanks Again
New Contributor

Re: Bold main menu question?

The top 5 icons in the menu display in the main screen of the bold.  To change them, click on desired application and move it to the top. 

Hope that helps.

New Contributor

open up your long menu so that you see all your applications.  highlight your application you want to move. then click on the 'Menu Key' highlight the 'Move' option and click the trackball. this will allow you to move the application to where ever you want it, such as up to the top 6 icon bar for your short menue.
ktg

thanks for advice so far, but i am unable to finish moving an application from the longer menu to the short bar menu. 

i am trying to move blackberry messenger to the short menu bar. i highlight it, then click 'move to folder', but i am only given four options of places to move blackberry messenger to ( applications, setup, games, downloads). i cannot find a way to move it to the short menu! 

please help!

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900

ktg wrote:

thanks for advice so far, but i am unable to finish moving an application from the longer menu to the short bar menu. 

i am trying to move blackberry messenger to the short menu bar. i highlight it, then click 'move to folder', but i am only given four options of places to move blackberry messenger to ( applications, setup, games, downloads). i cannot find a way to move it to the short menu! 

please help!

I just simply:

- Press Applications Button

- Locate ICON to move

- Press Application Button

- Choose MOVE

- Move ICON to top row in desired position using Trackball

- Click Trackball again to leave ICON inposition

Sorted!

Hope this helps...?