Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: 9700 Bold
My Carrier: Vodacom

Bold not picking up any Wi-fi networks

My 9700 Bold doesnt "see" any wi-fi networks.

This all heppened yesteday, 12 oct. My phone was connected to the network at the house I stay in and all was working okay except that the blackberry messanger was down.

I was still searching something on the internet on my phone, where all of the sudden it just wont pick up any wi-fi networks. When I try to connect to a network, it just says "no networks available". I also treid the wi-fi at the office and same thing. My computer and other colegues all pick up a couple of different networks.

In the meantime I have also updated my phones software using my pc, but still the problem persists. The blackberry service is now back online. I get blackberry messages and email etc, using the mobile phone network. It has picked up the wi-fi network at the house for a moment just to lose it again.

Im working out of my country at the moment and Im roaming on my home simcard (vodacom). So to use the mobile networks will be expensive.

Any help please?!?