Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Bold - one way audio issue

Hi experts - I'm hoping someone can help me with this...

I have a Blackberry Bold (9000) - brand new. It is now unlocked, and can pick up EDGE, 3G, and my cellphone carrier signal etc

However, whenever I make or receive a call, the other party can hear me fine, but I cannot hear them. If I activate the speakerphone then I can hear it fine - just not through the handset itself. The volume is turned up (before you ask!!) and I have never connected it to a bluetooth headset or anything similar.

I have tried a soft reset, pulling the battery out the back and even doing a re "wipe" of the handset. I cannot believe its faulty - is it?? Smiley Sad

Seriously, if anyone has any suggestions or ideas on this please let me know?

Thanks 

Solutions: 6,379
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Bold - one way audio issue

If you can't hear sound from the earpiece in any circumstance (including music from the media player, play something and hit Menu > Activate Handset, to play the sound through the earpiece. Does it work?

No? Return for another device.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply. OK - tried that and it doesnt work. I think I hear a very faint crackle through the handset, but I'm not sure if thats just because I am looking (or listening) for it...

I have just hooked it up to a bluetooth headset and its fine there too - so must be an internal speaker issue. Problem is, I got this from the UK and had it unlocked to the US network, so cant really send it back! Would an American AT&T store it back do you think (I'm guessing not) 

Solutions: 6,379
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I am highly doubtful that an ATT retailer will do anything for you. The carriers are the retailers and the warranty exchanges, etc., are performed through the carrier.

Bummer. If you need repair work, contact the guys at www.horizonwirelessonline.com. They are trustworthy.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Bummer indeed - cant believe this has happened with a brand new one. Am hold to AT&T Tech support now - I'll let you know what - if any - progress I manage to make!