Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Bold "Warning code"

I'm trying to sync my new BB Bold to my Outlook 2007 calendar and while desktop manager is setting up I get a "warning code 0x3b21"  during "setting up default configuration" and synchronization stops there - anyone come across this warning code?

I have a Toshiba Laptop A200 Satellite , Windows Vista, Desktop manager 4.7

I've installed and reinstalled 4 times with firewall and antivirus disabled with same results

thanks in advance

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Bold "Warning code"

Hi and welcome to the forums!

You will need to have full administrator rights to install the DM in Vista.

Have you gotten past the setup wizard in synchronization where you select Outlook,

and the calendar, contacts, notes, tasks?

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

The wizard ask me to select Outlook but I did not see anything about calendar, contacts, notes, tasks. I assume I installed with administrator rights but I may need a lesson there

Thanks, Bill

Guru I

This is what your options should look like when fully configured in the synchronization configuration setup.

Thanks,

Please remember to resolve your thread. Put the check mark in the green box that contained your answer! Thanks

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

New Contributor

Configuration setup does not get that far. It reads mail system records then starts to set up the default configuration when the warning code appears and all stops. I have not seen the dialogue box you attached

Thanks

Bill

Guru I

Hi,

I have run the error message through the knowledge base, forum results, and the internet. Including yours,

I could only find four error codes like yours. One user had resolved it, the problem having to do with an

Outlook connector file registration. None of these were on desktop software 4.7.

I suggest dropping down to version 4.6 without the media manger.

Run the installation using the procedures for Vista and Outlook 2007.

First we need to clean the machine from the multiple installs.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB02206&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

Install the correct USB drivers:

Blackberry USB and Modem Drivers ENG (DM4.6 B13)

• File size: 16.988 MB
  • Date posted: 15-August-08
  • Download Software

Install and coldboot the PC.

Download 4.6 without the Media manager here:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22

Download manual here:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/deliverables/3606/Desktop_enterprise_46_final_492866_11.pdf

Run the installation using full administrator rights, and addressing the points in this KB article:

(Be sure all firewalls and virus scanning programs are not running.)

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB02362&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

Please read the links and tell me your thoughts.

Thanks