Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Bold reset problem

I have a Bold on the Rogers network.  The Bold was running 4.6.0.125.  I was in Miami, FL this weekend on the AT&T network and was plagued by frequent spontaneous resets - sometimes up to 3-4 times per hour!  This made the Bold practically useless, although between resets I was able to receive and send short emails.

I returned to Canada (and the Rogers network) and the problems disappeared.  I just upgraded to 4.6.0.162.  Does anyone know whether this is an OS problem and whether the upgrade will fix it?  Or is it a hardware glitch and should I contact Rogers about it?  I'll be travelling back to the US and I don't want to run into it again.

Any insight is much appreciated.

Bert

Solutions: 6,396
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Bold reset problem

Honestly--I would recommend you upgrade to the latest OS release, .190

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-9000-series-discussion-bold/160810-latest-os-9000-4-6-0-331-...

I have been using this release for several weeks with no problems.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code

Very interesting.  I purchased the Bold this past Friday 11/21/08 and have had nothing but issues since.  As of today, I'm on my 4th berry.  I've called tech support, seen 8 store reps and noone can figure out why my phone(s) all say "SIM not provisioned:2" and/or "SIM not allowed".  No matter what I do; hard reset, remove SIM card, turn off/then on...nothing makes the problem go away.

After seeing the store rep at 9am this morning (11/24), I figured I was a hopeless case and would have to turn my service off after 8 years of service with Cingular/ATT. 

THEN...low and behold, a colleauge of mine walked in to see if I was having issues with my phone because, come to find out, had the exact same issues over the weekend.  He was on his 3rd bold since Friday!

Apparently ATT knows about the issue, but itsnt talking...yet...

I'm going back to the Curve tomorrow...

Wow, first I have heard of this on the Bold, and I wonder if the two of you got your devices at the same store or from the same lot?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates

I- I wish we did recieve our phones in the same store or even the same city...that would make me believe it was the store(s). 

I went to two DIFFERENT stores in Holywood, CA and one store in Glendale, CA. My colleauge went to stores in Encino, CA and Santa MOnica. 

This is the most frustrated I've been with ATT.  I cant wait for the store to open at 9AM so I can get back to the Curve.

If it were me (because I really like the Bold), I would upgrade your OS to .190.

Some users believe it is the cleanest release yet, others favor .185

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-9000-series-discussion-bold/160810-latest-os-9000-4-6-0-331-...

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Just to update.  I decided to upgrade to 0.185.  So far the device is working great and my battery life is better.

I'm not sure if the issue is resolved since I'm back in Canada and on the Rogers network - where I wasn't having problems.  I've had my bold for about a month and it works fine when in Canada.  I'll have to wait until my next US trip to see if the problem resurfaces.

My issue doesn't sound at all similar to the SIM card issues described in the previous posts.

New Contributor

I have the same issue (SIM not Provisional and SIM not allowed) but when i turn my phone off and on it works again

I had exactly the same problem in miami this last weekend
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

I live in Miami, and when i bought my Bold, i have the same problem, to solve this problem, i follow the steps provided by JSanders, upgrade the software on the device and its work.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.