Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Regular Contributor
My Device: Classic
My Carrier: WIND

Bold - slow app development?

Hey there,

Recently purchased the Bold - my first Blackberry. One thing I've noticed is the lack of apps available for it (compared with Curve, Pearl, etc..), not to mention themes. Would anyone more familiar with the software development flow of the company be able to verify if the reason (or *a* reason) for this is that the Bold hasn't been released in the U.S. yet? Does RIM release an SDK?

Thanks for any feedback.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Bold - slow app development?

[ Edited ]

Not sure there is any particular reason except that the phone is barely available ANYWHERE yet, let alone the USA -- the screen resolution is different, and the larger size of the screen requires recoding....a lot of companies are starting to beta test their updated software for the Bold -- I found emobile personally sent me a beta of the weather program that didn't work on the Bold, and it looks fantastic, but I had to contact their support services personally to find out what they had....

It will be a matter of time before apps come out for the Bold.

Did you check handango for your particular app needs? They have a lot of Bold-compatible software already. 

Message Edited by RonAnnArbor on 10-02-2008 06:35 PM