Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Bold stuck in infinite wiping loop. Need desperate help!

Hey people.

My Bold is now going into an infinite wipe loop all by itself. The Bold boots up, then it starts wiping. Once it gets to 100%, it reboots and then does the whole process all over again.

I've done everything people mentioned in the forums. I managed to connect to the Bold using Apploader and I tried soo many times to reinstall the OS. The problem is, it installs the JVM and then waits to reconnect to the Bold. However, when the Bold boots up, it just goes and re-wipes itself again! The apploader is just sitting there waiting to reconnect.

I have no idea how to go from here. This wiping loop started when I used JL Cmdr to wipe by Bold clean and now it just keeps wiping and wiping. I even tried to reconnect to the bold from JLCmdr, but no good.

Is there any other way I can stop this? Maybe format the ROM or something?

Please please guys, I really need your help here as I've been trying to fix this thing for a week now.

Solutions: 6,329
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Bold stuck in infinite wiping loop. Need desperate help!

Since you didn't exactly say, what happens if you remove the battery a minute and replace to... what does the device do?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Hey JSanders,

Sorry I forgot to mention about the battery.

Yes, I did remove the battery and even left it out for a whole 24 hours literally and tried the procedure all over again. Still the same.

I even tried some suggestions such as trying to do the software installation through a powered USB and without the battery, but no luck. I even removed the MicroSD card and tried again, but still the same problem.

I've been wrestiling with this for a week now and tried practically every suggestion on every BB forum but I'm not having any luck. The problem is, no one seems to have encountered this problem before and I seem to be the first. Yes, they have had wiping loops, but at least they were able to stop it. I, on the other hand, can't. After the JVM is installed and Apploader reboots the phone and waits to reconnect, my Bold reboots and then starts wiping itself again.

I really need some help here as here in the UAE, by operator will not take the phone back. So I have to get this thing running again.

Thanks for any feedback.

If you have stated , forgive me, but if you allow the wiping process to just sit and wipe, it never completes? For how long?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

The wiping process does complete to 100% and then the phone reboots. Then it starts all over again from 0-100%. This will go on and on until the battery dies. I plugged it in the recharger and went to bed. Guess what? The next morning, it was still wiping itself and restarting Smiley Tongue

Any ideas?

[ Edited ]

Try this:

Remove the battery from the device.

With the battery out, hold down the power off key about three seconds, and then press the Menu key one time.

Then allow the device to reboot. What happens?

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Hey,

I tried what you suggested, but no cigar.

I'm assuming you mean that I should remove the battery and plug my USB cable into the phone and try what you wrote at the bottom? Or should I disconnect the USB cable as well as the battery?

And am I supposed to get some feedback from the phone after I press the menu key?

I tried both of the above, but it still reboots and wipes over and over again.

New Contributor

JSanders,

You got any more ideas? The problem is still going on even if I tried to reinstall the OS using the new DesktopManager.

Any help would be great!

Thanks.

My Device: 8520
My Carrier: T-Mobile

hey.. I got exactly the same problem with a 8310 device... have anyone found a solution??

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000
My Carrier: Dhiragu

Try this solution on crackberry..

It worked for me and many others.

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-lecture-12-how-reload-operating-system-nuked-blackberry?page=1