Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9000
My Carrier: at&t

Bold wifi issue: connects at home but at school it "failed to associate with network"

My wifi at home works fine, but at school I get the "failed to associate with network" message. I took it to their I.T. people and they were clueless. There is no security on the network other than that it must recognize your phone's IP which has been put into their system. I've tried the battery reboot and everything else I have read on blogs. Nothing works. I'm stumped.

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9700
My Carrier: Telkomsel

Re: Bold wifi issue: connects at home but at school it "failed to associate with network"

First you need to try to enter in the hotspot username and password... WHen you are in school try the wifi setting and there is going to be an option to enter the hotspor username and password...

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9000
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Bold wifi issue: connects at home but at school it "failed to associate with network"

I tried to manually enter the network name already. There is no password to the network, it just needs to recongnize your IP address...which is entered into the network system by their IT people when you bring you labtop or phone to them. After that is done the network is "open" but I still "fail to associate"...

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9700
My Carrier: Telkomsel

Have u try to regenerate the ip?

Highlighted
My Device: 9700

Well just thought this might help others, I found out that I had to go to Options - Status and enter my WLAN MAC: address into my router - that finally sorted it out...