Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

AXL
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Bold won't start up???

I shut down my bold yesterday evening properly, this morning I tried several things to get it back up. Generally at no point it will show anything on screen. The only feedback I see is the red light coming on for a short period of time if I 1. connect to the charger or 2 insert the battery. I have been using the phone for about 4 weeks now and had sometimes issues with the start up already. The display is alqays black! Any help is appreciated! Thanks Axel

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry 9700

Re: Bold won't start up???

Hello AXL and welcome to the forums!

Sorry for the delay but it sounds like you will need to reload the software on your BlackBerry.  Here are some steps you can follow if you are still having this issue.  Also, before all of this I would try leaving it on the wall charger for at least an hour to see if it comes back up.  It is possible that the battery is just completely drained for one reason or another.

1)  Here is how you back up your device. 

2)  Here is how you reload the software cleanly on the device (Alternatively, Here is an article on how to use the Web-Based software loader) 

3)  Here is how you restore your data to the device if it is not backed up automatically

-tg

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

AXL
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Bold won't start up???

Thanks. shortly after the post, I did send the phone to my provider for repair. It took 3 weeks to get it back, and then surprise it was a new one. So I think there must have been some real damage to it, what it was, no one from the repair shop could tell (or is allowed to tell).

Thanks for your response anyway.