Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Bold wont connect, wont sync... ARGH!!!

I've been trying to get this going for days...

The setup;

BB Bold

laptop running Win2000

Outlook 2000

- When I connect my BB, my laptop looks for drivers and can't find them.

- I've installed USB drivers from microsoft update - doesn't work. When I point the "new hardware" wizard at the folder where I extract them (incl the .inf file), I get no drivers found.

- I've installed the USB driver & modem .msi package for ver 4.2 from the blackberry website (and 4.7 just to see) - no good. Installing this removes the Desktop software. But if I reinstall the Desktop after ostensibly installing the drivers, no good. Cannot find the correct drivers. (weird behaviour removing the Desktop - bizarre..)

- Desktop software is meant to work with Outlook 200, so I've tried installing Desktop Software ver 4 service pack 2 (as some have recommended on the forums).  No idea whether it syncs or not with Outlook2000 as no connection found - presumably because no usb drivers are installed.

I bought a BB after years of using Nokia S60 and Win Mobile devices on the basis that syncing was meant to be more solid and reliable.

I'm about to chuck this thing out the window or at least send it back as a complete waste of time.

Any advice on the connection/driver problems would be greatly appreciated...

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8300

Re: Bold wont connect, wont sync... ARGH!!!

Use Desktop manager 4.6 or 4.7....

Checked out my Blackberry FAQ's and Links to Needed Articles here
http://darkeen.homelinux.com/index.php/Blackberryfaq
New Contributor

That wont work.  Any version above 4.2 doesn't work with Outlook 2000 for syncing.

Highlighted
Contributor

It is definetly possible for the Blackberry Bold to Sync with Outlook 2000.  I used to have Outlook 2000 on my computer at work and I had the hardest time getting it to sync.  I called tech support and tried to figure it out based on forums and I was not getting anywhere.  I then downloaded BDM 4.2.2 and when i went to set up the sync it worked just fine without any problems.  I would try that again before you consider getting rid of your BBerry.

Thanks

PBKolsun