Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Bose Triport On-Ear Mobile Headset

I just bought an expensive pair of Bose headphones for the 8330 and cannot get them to work.  I spoke to Bose and they say it should work and it's listed as compatible in their manual, but I can only get audio when the phones are plugged in about 75% of the way and even then the in-line mic doesn't work.  The original pair of ear buds that came with the phone work fine and the plug is the same size as the Bose headphones.  Anyone else have this problem?
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Bose Triport On-Ear Mobile Headset

which model ?
it's a pity, Shure released a similar model that is advertised to work with the Curve.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

[ Edited ]
I have the Blackberry Curve 8330.  The headphones are the Bose Triport OE Mobile.  Bose couldn't help when I spoke to them and Sprint didn't have a clue.  I guess the other option is to take it to the Sprint store and see if they can come up with a solution.
Message Edited by anthony0wens on 09-17-2008 12:49 PM
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

you didn't say whether you tried the Bose on another device. Does it work fine ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Highlighted
New Contributor

The Bose headset works fine.  Just doesn't work with the Blackberry Curve 8330.