Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Bought Game that does not work and have no idea how to get my money back!

I bought Minesweeper. This is the first app I have bought for the phone. Obviously I am not going to buy anymore.

The game doesn't work. It was not made correctly and has errors in it. For example, it will have a box that says there are two mines attached to the box but there is only  one. That makes the game unplayable because it waits for you to mark a mine that literally is not there (all the other boxes are open so it is an error).

I have no idea how to get my money back. So I am posting here. This has nothing to do with reloading it. The game is defective from the creator.

Please help or Appworld has lost a customer for good.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Bought Game that does not work and have no idea how to get my money back!

when you go to a department store and buy a pair of bluejeans that you eventually do not like, do you swear to never go to that department store?
The AppWorld is a simple mall, and if you don't use it anymore, the most impacted party is you, not RIM.

If you are unhappy with how an application works, you can contact the vendor of the application.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

Who developed this non-working product ?

Is there any information about developer company ?

If so - have you contacted this company ?

If there is no information about company developed this product - cancel your payment in PayPal.

Developer
My Device: 7230, 8700, 8820, 9000

Did you send the company a support email? Any reputable company would promptly fix their bugs and provide get a free upgrade.

As a App World vendor myself, I would personally be embarrased if one of my customers found such bug and would work day and night to get an update out.

Earl Oliver

Earl Oliver
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Xandrex I want to thank you for your worthless message. Next time read the posting. And if Appworld has no standard in the quality of the apps it offers to its customers to spend their money on, it is more like a cheap flea market with no class. That is RIM's fault and my problem for thinking they were of better quality. Anywho lol...

Yes I did contact the maker of the App. It was Link-Two. They were completely worthless. I wrote them everything wrong with the app. This is the reply I recieved:

Hello,

Please contact the site where you bought this for a refund.

Thank you

The Link-Two Team

There was no attachment of an app upgrade. And I left a harsh review on the app on appworld.

So who would I contact here for that refund? I really would like to know because I can't see myself investing in my phone when I could easily be throwing money away.

Message Edited by jlm6631 on 05-26-2009 05:31 PM
Developer
My Device: 7230, 8700, 8820, 9000

I guess Link-Two is too busy making a quick buck to give you a personal response.

You can probably contact paypal or your credit card company and report a fraudulant transaction.  

Earl Oliver

Earl Oliver
New Contributor

Yeah I agree. I asked them if they have contact info for Blackberry Appworld and/or an upgrade they can give me. For some reason I have a feeling they won't answer but I gotta try right!

And here is what I told them about the app:

Minesweeper doesn't work. The app doesn't load properly and when I go time limit part of screen does not show, time limit does not show, and sometimes it says there are two bombs when only one box can be marked. Also when I exit the game it goes to my voice mail instead of the home screen or main menu.

I think those are some major issues with the game. But we shall see. There should be some standard. 

I wouldn't trust anything by Link-Two.

Solutions: 6,396
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

jlm6631 wrote:

Xandrex I want to thank you for your worthless message. Next time read the posting. And if Appworld has no standard in the quality of the apps it offers to its customers to spend their money on, it is more like a cheap flea market with no class. That is RIM's fault and my problem for thinking they were of better quality. Anywho lol...

No need to be rude.If you had an open mind, less anger, you might consider:

"The coffee I bought today at Starbucks was not hot, I will never return to Countryside Mall again! Grrrrr  Smiley Mad Grrrrr"

jlm6631 wrote: .

So who would I contact here for that refund? I really would like to know because I can't see myself investing in my phone when I could easily be throwing money away.

Please read point 9b. listed here, to answer your question:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/developers/appworld/faq.jsp

Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Developer

Reading the terms of sale, I am really surprised. Their (Digital River's) refund policy is really rather strict. Basically, all sales are final. Link-Two's response could probably be better, but the fact is that they are not handling the payment processing. Unlike other app stores I have seen, App World does not provide the software vendor any way to issue a refund. Still, Link-Two should probably have tried harder to help you make Minesweeper work. I think for this sort of store it's a good idea to take advantage of the free trials that some software offer to make sure it really works before you commit to buying it. In one of the apps I sell, I explicitly recommend people try the free trial so they know if it works for them.

Solutions: 6,396
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

cwong15 wrote:

In one of the apps I sell, I explicitly recommend people try the free trial so they know if it works for them.

Great advice.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code