Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Super Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: O2

Re: Brand New 9900 Application Storage Error

Btw JSanders, couldn't find "Meterberry" on the AppWorld. Smiley Sad
Solutions: 6,379
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

http://www.meterberry.com/

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Super Contributor

The comment abotu the slide, was answering someone else's reply in this thread, which appears to have disappeared.

Someone said, and laughed, about me and the "slide" issues on the Z10, assuming I wasn't aware that there is some sliding going on, with the iP5.  Which of course I am.  But its a lot less!

It was me. Message #88 in this thread.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Super Contributor

Why did you delete it? I didn't find it offensive, just very patronising. lol. But unhelpful nonetheless, since what they were pointing out was blindlingly obvious.
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

I still see message 88. It does not seem to have been changed at all.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:

simon_a6 wrote:
Why did you delete it? I didn't find it offensive, just very patronising. lol. But unhelpful nonetheless, since what they were pointing out was blindlingly obvious.

Nothing is deleted. Still there.

I hoped you would find humor in it as much as I did.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Carrier: AT&T

Try using newly released Beta version of Application Resource Monitor for finding out if any applications are causing issues in the background.

New Contributor

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

simon_a6 wrote:

I didn't know about that App.  I'll try it.

And  yeah, am really sick of this.  It should be happening anyway.  I still am a big supporter of Blackberry, and what was 'RIM'.  But when these problems continue, and are clearly known, and they haven't sorted it, knowing it can delete emails, texts etc, it's a very very big issue (or flaw) in the OS.

I don't like the Z10.

I like the design, the structure and feel of it, tho I am not a far of the wider taller phones.

They did need to change the OS, but I don't like that you have to slide thumb from bottom to top to go back, and to go home.  Like so many phones, I like to just click a button to do that simple thing.  Wish that's had a 'BB' button to go home.

And I wish they had given the option of a side button to pop out the 'hub'.  Click... view... click to close.  Rather than having to use your thumb in an odd position.

But that is what it is all about for them.  For some people they can do it with one hand on that device; I tried and can't.  And lady in shop I spoke with, said she found it very difficult as well.  Dead easy with two hands, but not with one.

Hence why I am looking toward something more "fruity" should this problem exist on the replacement.

Did you actually use a Z10 somewhere?  I have short thumbs and have little problem navigating the Z10 one-handed. 

To unlock the device takes the longest swipe up.  You have to swipe up (supposedly) half way but I can do this one-handed with my thumb most every time.  I just flick up as far as I can reach and it's just enough. 

For going "back" you don't swipe up.  You can swipe to the right anywhere on the screen in most places or use the "back" touch button.  If you're done with the app then you simply close it with a swipe up.  This swipe up doesn't have to go anywhere near half way up.  It requires maybe an inch.  The up and over for the hub only requires up an inch and over an inch.  Nothing even close to half way up.

It sounds like someone at the store didn't know what they were doing (what a shock.)  There are other tricks to navigating the homescreen and hub, too.  You can touch the small dots on the bottom of the icons that show what screen you're on and go directly to those locations.  For the hub there are three small lines instead of a dot and a touch on those takes you right to the hub. 

I think you need someone who knows what they're doing to show you the Z10.  Again, my thumbs are ver short (I have small hands) and I can do everything one handed...the 'back' touch buttons and phone button are a stretch one-handed, admittedly, but the things you refer to are not.  To go back does NOT require a swipe half-way up the device. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!