Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Super Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: O2

Re: Brand New 9900 Application Storage Error

Ok this is just about the final straw.

I have that app running.  The memory ran down to 0.0mb last night, and restarted to 76mb.

BUT..... lost over a MONTH of emails!

I have a note of the last email on a particular account.  The bottom one was 6th Jan.  It's now 9th February.

This is completely unacceptable.  I'm not about to reinstal the OS or try a third BB.

Not good.  Really not good.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Don't let it run down to zero. Seems like that was mentioned a time or two here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Super Contributor

I didn't know it had gone down to zero.  And didn't expect  it to go down to zero.

I wouldn't have thought it should drop at all, as it's a sign of 'storage' not "memory avaliable".

However, because I know it does drop, because of this "issue", I use that app to forget about it and let it fix itself overnight.

Does this mean I have to check my memory issue several times at day then??  Man this phone could be heading back to Amazon quickly now.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

It shouldn't drop at all. But it does. I haven't tried the automated ways of rebooting. I just monitored it. That's one of the major reasons I switched to the Z10. It's missing features I loved but not running mem to zero.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Super Contributor

Could be a good move there John.
This issue, seriously after what happened last night, I could be binning Blackberry altogether. Had enough of this, where I am being told by helpful people how to get around this flaw. This problem.

But overnight, I lost a month of emails on my phone. Really not happy at all.

And I have to check and monitor that level (2-3 clicks in) several times a day. When I should not have to at all.

I tried the Z10 - lovely looking phone. Nice screen. But I don't like having to swipe my thumb from the bottom middle to the top middle, just to 'go back'.

It's physically not possibly with one hand. The ole 'escape' button or a home button would be much easier.

Also - love the Hub. Great move. But if they could have just put a button on the left side, that when pressed, the hub would pop out an inch to see whats there. Then if you want, you can use effort to slide it right out.
Solutions: 6,375
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I've used an automatic reboot at midnight on my OS7 devices... no worries about hitting 0 memory.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Super Contributor

Yep - that's what I use. But it ran to zero before, thus causing a catastrophic deletion of emails!
Solutions: 6,375
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Simon, are you a heavy user of BBMessenger or BBM Groups?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Super Contributor

I use BBM every day, but only with one person. I do not use BBM Groups at all.
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

simon_a6 wrote:
I tried the Z10 - lovely looking phone. Nice screen. But I don't like having to swipe my thumb from the bottom middle to the top middle, just to 'go back'.

It's physically not possibly with one hand. The ole 'escape' button or a home button would be much easier.

that bottom-to-middle-to-right gesture is not to go back, it is to access to the hub. To go back, you simply either use the back button (at the bottom left corner of each app screen) or use the left-bezel-to-middle gesture, which is far more practical than hitting a back button.

I find the Z10 perfectly usable with one hand, either the right hand or the left hand, and my hands are quite small (size 7").

Everyone I know who like to use their smartphone with one hand have found the Z10 easy to operate, especially the keyboard that is far better than on iOS and Android.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: