Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Super Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: O2

Re: Brand New 9900 Application Storage Error

My apologies. The lady in the shop said most things on the phone, (well she said "all things" I think), you cannot click 'back', you have to swipe from bottom to top. And if you want to go to the homescreen, you have to go Bottom to Top.

I've held the phone. I can put my thumb on the bottom middle, but if I move my thumb up, I cannot easily make it hit the top middle. Physically it seems an impossible angle to get anyway - again, sorry if I am wrong here.

Maybe you have to pull the top of the phone forward in order to make that move.

Just would have been nicer if there as a back button. Saves so much thumb-aching movement. And specially a home button, even one that was embedded in the front panel to 'touch'.

On the main subject here tho, can someone confirm for me, this Memory Leak issue - is it a common issue on all Bold 9900s, or just some?

It's now being dealt with for me by the seller. IT may end up going back, as I should not have to be checking the usage every few hours of the day.
Solutions: 6,375
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

simon_a6 wrote:

On the main subject here tho, can someone confirm for me, this Memory Leak issue - is it a common issue on all Bold 9900s, or just some?

Confirmed. It is just that, a common issue.

Now, if you want to minimize the memory leak, log out of BBMessenger and absolutely don't use it. You'll be fine for several days at a time.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Super Contributor

Are you serious?  You are suggesting I stop using  one primary thing Blackberry is known for?  BBM.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Why do you keep shooting the messengers?

Good grief. It is what it is. We didn't design it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Super Contributor

I'm being asked not to use something, for which blackberry is primarily known. I use BBM all day.
If the answer is - "don't use BBM", then I'll bin the Blackberry and buy something else.

I accept that we may need to reboot once at night, but if now I cannot use BBM, heavens!
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

The latest beta version of BBM claims to fix memory leak and black clock issues. Additionally, those that have quit using BBM on their OS7.1 devices say the device doesn't run out of memory.

Please don't chew US out for something we didn't design.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Guru II

You can try the beta version by signing up at blackberry.com/beta

Super Contributor

I'll take a look at it. But I cannot believe I am being moaned at for "moaning" about being told not to use BBM.

That is one of the reasons we have BB isn't it?
"Yes you can use your Blackberry, but don't use BBM.". lol.

Anyway, will try, and see how it goes. (it's so daft it's funny)
Guru II

I loaded the beta on my wife's phone and still get memory leaks so I'm not sure they fixed it.

Super Contributor

Mmmmmm then I don't think I'l bother to even try. I'll leave it with the seller. And if Blackberry themselves are unable to find me a fix, they will lose a customer.

Really had enough now. Not being rude to helpers here, but I should not have to give up BBM, and if one reboot a day isn't enough, then goodness knows how to stop it running down and deleting emails.

It's ridiculous for what was their "flagship phone".